OLCOTT boat launch is OPEN: April 15.

Just got my phone call returned this morning. The boat ramp is open. Launch at your own risk. No overnight docking without a reservation. Please don't ask me about the fish clean station, or the bathroom. He didn't say. Just assume and plan for them being closed. I will be social distancing on the lake soon, weather permitting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No amenities will be open. I would also add if the launch is being used irresponsibly by not following social distancing guidelines, the launch will be subject to closure again. Please keep it to family and solo excursions only. Thank you for considering. 

• Like 1

You know what?? This is a great test here. Lets open all these ramps in this area , open the marinas, open the bathrooms and all necessary businesses to support them....All of the them. Lets publish this in the PA newsletters, CT daily gazette and lets let her rip...Lets have the WIlson Invitational tournament which apparently is not cancelled  and lets go after the salmon!! Come on!! you all earned it!! its a govt conspiracy right??? Your healthy so whats the issue???

Then lets see if covid cases in this area increased in 30 days.....as well as the states I mentioned above...... I would love to see the results....

Edited by mrclean
  • Like 1

No pun intended....I take that back lol. You can all set " The Bar" on this test. Seriously, contact your local officials , have them read this thread and open it up baby lol...They can be heros! They can either prove the medical profession right or wrong! Yes fisherman can do that!!!! Let the boys in at Olcott, Wilson, Niagara the whole region...Open it up! Lets see what happens....Enough guys want to participate so why not!!!

I don't feel that the fish should be left alone during such pandemic times. Someone has to keep them company. I'm stepping up to volunteer as watchdog. LOL. Who's with me? LOL. Just keep 6' away. LOL

4 minutes ago, lost a lure said:

I personally don't know anyone that has the virus. Anyone have someone in their immediate family that is positive?

Same here in nepa. I have family in medical field and other essential work, and thankfully they are healthy. Maybe I just dont have many friends (LOL)but dont know any friends that have/had it

Yeah, I know quite a few folks who've had it. Our neighbor's dad was the first case in Livingston county. They had to quarantine for 2-wks, but they're fine. Others are still in ICU, unfortunately.

6 hours ago, mrclean said:

You know what?? This is a great test here. Lets open all these ramps in this area , open the marinas, open the bathrooms and all necessary businesses to support them....All of the them. Lets publish this in the PA newsletters, CT daily gazette and lets let her rip...Lets have the WIlson Invitational tournament which apparently is not cancelled  and lets go after the salmon!! Come on!! you all earned it!! its a govt conspiracy right??? Your healthy so whats the issue???

Then lets see if covid cases in this area increased in 30 days.....as well as the states I mentioned above...... I would love to see the results....

Buffalo area is second highest infection in the the state I belive

I plan to fish, I plan to hunt turkeys. I plan to go to the grocery store if I need something. 

I don't plan to feel guilty about it. I see absolutely nothing wrong with doing outdoor activities. So, we have someone telling us a kayak is ok, but my boat isn't.  Good Grief. 

• Like 1

I agree with ya garymny!!!  I'm made to work 10hrs a day in downtown buffalo rebuilding the nfta public transportation railroad because it's apparently essential and free of charge now and polluted with strangers I have no idea who they are... But people think its unsafe for me to take my kids fishing on my personal boat? No I completely disagree with them.  And if they don't like it that kayak can paddle upstream because I'm going salmon fishing on my days off for a little piece of enjoyment if I can get out.