Is there new ruling on launches?

I don't understand some launche's are open and some are closed.

The state says one thing then a county overrides it then a city overrides both and a village overrides all.???
Wow this is confusing.

Seiches on Erie with strong winds has been pushing max load down Niagara speeding up Lake O’s rise. I see less and less of olcott pier each week that passes. 

Just talked to R8 Fish Manager. They clarified original closures of business' at boat launches. Since DEC sites don't charge for use on their launches they originally said they would stay open.  Today they changed their minds and said they are closed.  As for Sandy Creek as soon as the Town of Hamlin can lock the gate it will be closed  

I dont know if its confusion or wishful thinking. But the reality is the New York State Pause Act has been extended today until May 15th. It is also a fact as posted above that any open ramp is exclusively for emergency use vehicles only and recreational use is prohibited.  Yes there is confusion at the direct level and I think you will see more and more state launches being blocked off....

3 hours ago, ilv2bfishing2 said:

Like it says Mike there really is no confusion here. These ramps are only for emergency use and not recreational. Perhaps by June you will be able to come up and fish. For now we are all on hold unfortunately. See you soon!

This is a direct quote from this article and as of today it has been extended until at least may 15th.... Here is the quote...

Late Wednesday afternoon, a brief statement was put out by the state Department of Environmental Conservation and state Parks Department in response to a query from NYUP.com to try and clarify things.

“To limit the community spread of COVID-19, use of all DEC, Canal Corp., and State Parks-owned boat launches is temporarily suspended for recreational boaters,” the release said, making reference to the “New York State on Pause Order” executive order issued by Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

Edited by mrclean

A real big problem with this is that the canal system will remain closed until may 15th at least. Thats gonna really clog up the system for marinas that are along the river and canal system. I also have a houseboat at a marina on the seneca river and that cant move until then which is a real issue for everyone else along the way....

On 4/16/2020 at 6:07 PM, NPike said:

State launches  on Conesus and Canondadge launches closed until?

I'm still looking for the Canondadge launch:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

This really is super confusing.  A couple of days ago the talk was all about launches being open or reopened.

Now they are off limits again?  Sorry if I'm missing something here.

This has nothing to do with the Chinese flu and all to do about control. Its unbelievable the government officials would not allow people to fish to feed their families in these times. I can understand multiple people on a boat but families that live together should be allowed. Typical Cuomo

A guy who sits on the bank with a couple bobber rods might be fishing for food . A guy who shows up at the launch with 40 k  + tied up in equipment is not fishing to feed his family . The gas used for that outing could feed a family for up to a week . 

So that argument is silly ,at best . 

What , like 13000 death from this virus . 

This is not ALL  about control . 

Also ,it is against the Law to have alcohol in a state park . But we all know a lot have it as do the park police . 

If you are being discreet , they won't bother you . 

If you get crazy , they can use that law to throw you out or press,charges . 

Maybe the same mindset is,being used with this . If you launch alone and follow guide lines , they leave you alone . If not ,they ticket you .