Cuomos new ruling

This is all political now. They know Trump wants to open the country up starting May 1st. This is about the governor's making the decision and not letting Trump or the federal government make the decision. Trump and the government bent over backwards to help NY and the hardest hit cities and states and this is the thanks he gets. At this point I feel it needs to be a personal decision. If you don't feel safe or for health issues want to stay home by all means stay home. But the rest of us want to get back to our lives and work.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, billbobthorpe said:

This is all political now. They know Trump wants to open the country up starting May 1st. This is about the governor's making the decision and not letting Trump or the federal government make the decision. Trump and the government bent over backwards to help NY and the hardest hit cities and states and this is the thanks he gets. At this point I feel it needs to be a personal decision. If you don't feel safe or for health issues want to stay home by all means stay home. But the rest of us want to get back to our lives and work.

Trump hasn't said when he wants things open yet and he has already said it will be on a regional basis based on impact

Don't make things up

• Like 3

He was asked and hinted about it at his press conference the other day. It wasn't definite at the time but was a possibility. He mentioned the date of May 1st so naturally they had to make it later. That's why the governors made the announcement before Trump has his call with them this afternoon. Trump is supposed to lay out his start up plan at his press conference today.

1 minute ago, billbobthorpe said:

He was asked and hinted about it at his press conference the other day. It wasn't definite at the time but was a possibility. He mentioned the date of May 1st so naturally they had to make it later. That's why the governors made the announcement before Trump has his call with them this afternoon. Trump is supposed to lay out his start up plan at his press conference today.

And what if Trump says may 1 or earlier for low impacted area and a wait and see in higher impacted.

Again at the moment you are just making things up. Trump's own words are is that it will be done in stages by impact not all at once

Well ive been wearing my mask for the past two weeks and I have no clue why people at Walmart in Fulton, were keeping a 54 foot distance from me. I mean I am a professional clown, been one for decades but come on lol.....have some sort of sense of humor in all this lol

008.JPG

Edited by mrclean
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, billbobthorpe said:

Yeah...no. Nope. It's not political. It's based on the recommendation of our nation's top health experts. Without an antibody test, we aren't ready for the free-for-all that a "reopening" would entail. This is too critical a decision to "go with your gut". We're all tired of it. It sucks. But that still doesn't make it political. 

• Like 5

I wouldnt say its political either. I mean why would the 1% aka our elected officials want to kill a world economy and loose their shirts? They already lost millions just in the stock market. What the Donald says is what the Donald says everyone is used to him by now or should be. Thats why he is going to sweep the election. They are used to him. I do believe however the media is political...That I do! If you break it down they are the most biased and uncontrolled influence this country has.....Its all about ratings for them nothing else. They make mountains out of molehills for money. And they dont care who they hurt and rarely retract anything like they should.....

• Like 8

I wouldnt say its political either. I mean why would the 1% aka our elected officials want to kill a world economy and loose their shirts? They already lost millions just in the stock market. What the Donald says is what the Donald says everyone is used to him by now or should be. Thats why he is going to sweep the election. They are used to him. I do believe however the media is political...That I do! If you break it down they are the most biased and uncontrolled influence this country has.....Its all about ratings for them nothing else. They make mountains out of molehills for money. And they dont care who they hurt and rarely retract anything like they should.....
Yup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I can't disagree with you on the media. Working at URMC, it's always...amusing...to read what the D&C prints versus what really happened. The bias is unreal. It's got to be even worse at the national level.

• Like 3

Well since his new order about masks goes into effect, then he can open the state back up. Sick and tired of him

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

In Taiwan , everybody was told to wear masks in the end of February. They are now almost completely virus free.

You feeling out of control doesn’t make Cuomo good or bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, billbobthorpe said:

I heard the same thing on the radio just a little while ago. Trump is suppose to talk a little more about his plans on reopening the country durring his press conference today. Really hope things can get back to normal. But  it falls on the governers to reopen there states when they feel it safe.  In my opinion I can see a few governers draggin it out just to go against trump

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

And what if Trump says may 1 or earlier for low impacted area and a wait and see in higher impacted.

Again at the moment you are just making things up. Trump's own words are is that it will be done in stages by impact not all at once

Trump has no say when states start easing restrictions. He my withhold funding from the states and stomp his feet. As a constitutional republic he has no jurisdiction over the individual states.

• Like 1

IMG_7649.JPG
Wearing masks is a waste when most people do not properly wear them! We were at Wegmans yesterday and 90% of the people were wearing them below their nose, touching them with their dirty hands and taking them on and off. It also gives people a false sense of security.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

I agree Gambler. 
kinda like my theory of the run on toilet paper. Still havent heard a plausible reason y everyone needed 2 year supply. I think some people just felt safe Preparing for this by loading 2-3 shopping carts with TP. Spend $100 or so and u get ALL THIS.if ya catch what I’m throwin.then people seen other people loading up and they follow suit. Gave em a false sense of security when they looked in there room and seen it loaded. 
Early march when I seen kinda where this was goin I bought bulk ammo,mags, and socks. 

Edited by Hachimo

IMG_7649.thumb.JPG.0091ce765ef2b5b090c3d48068d94592.JPG
Wearing masks is a waste when most people do not properly wear them! We were at Wegmans yesterday and 90% of the people were wearing them below their nose, touching them with their dirty hands and taking them on and off. It also gives people a false sense of security.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

IMG_1081.JPGbbut they will both stop the droplets

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Masks are supposed to help prevent you from spreading the virus if you're an asymptomatic carrier. It's to keep other people safe. If folks think a mask is going to keep them safe, then yeah, it's definitely a false sense of security. When I wear a mask, I don't touch my face as much, either, which is good - but I wear a mask frequently. Others may feel the need to mess with it. 

Soon, stores won't let you in unless you're masked, so get used to it, no matter what you feel. Law of the land, as per Herr Cuomo.