Cuomos new ruling

4 minutes ago, chinook35 said:

IMG_1081.JPGbbut they will both stop the droplets

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

IF WORN RIGHT. If I dont wear my underwear right theres no guarantee it will stop the dropletts!

• Like 1

On a serious note thou. Just seen on the news PA just passed the “no mask no service” beginning this sunday. Grocery stores,gas stations and other bussiness can be fined if customers are in the store without a mask. Guess this will be norm now

My sister in law in DC said a guy got arrested to day in McLean Viginia for  pumping gas without a mask . 

Law says we have to wear a seat belt or helmet on a motorcycle . It won't stop you from dying , but it will help . 

Ur absolutely right bandrus. Thats why gun laws are so different state to state. Seperation of state n federal government. End of the day its up governers to open up there states

On a serious note thou. Just seen on the news PA just passed the “no mask no service” beginning this sunday. Grocery stores,gas stations and other bussiness can be fined if customers are in the store without a mask. Guess this will be norm now
NJ did this with mandatory masks at public stores Weird at first but you get over it quick. Im rural but it is what it is. I do it out of respect for business owners and others i guess. Just bought beer at a small liquor store (comical thats essential but whatever)...lady waited outside until i was leaving. Tried to hold the door for her and stretch my distance but she still waved me to go. No prob...old habits are hard to break. Im not judging anymore...ok perhaps a little...but a lot less

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So guys.

I have 28 years in as a firefighter.

Spend my time flipping from in charge of a 104’ tower and a single axle pump. 4 guys on the pump, 3 on the tower.

This is what we are told.

When we do any calls we are wearing our scba. Masked up.

If you are wearing a mask, that’s great.

The only mask that will protect you is an N-95.

If you are wearing a surgical mask ,you are wearing it to protect other people from yourself.

A surgical mask will not protect you from Covid 19.

You can google the facts. We are not a large department as departments go but have 900 career firefighters and 400 part time on call.

This is how we are running our calls.

Nothing to do with fishing but this is what I practice.

With all due respect.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dvdegeorge said:

Wow NY has a large flock of sheep

Come on, Dan. It's not being a sheep to obey expert guidance. It's not being a sheep to want to protect your neighbors from yourself. I hope you're kidding. Of course, there's folks out there who won't put a fence around their pool because they don't want to be told what to do. It's only unthinking obedience that makes you a sheep. A considered response just makes you smart.

NY isn't just NYC draconian measures are not warranted state wide....crap I can drive to 3 states and 2 Canadian provinces quicker than I can to NYC ...I'm sorry we can't throw the baby out this the bath water...Check out what Sweden is doing their stats are no different than ours being locked down

• Like 4

Well as of 8pm tonight all people in New York need to wear a mask when in public and the six foot distance rule is in jeopardy. This im sure is going to be going on for quite some time. Sheep or no sheep gotta follow this protocol or they will enforce it.

16 hours ago, Hachimo said:

I agree Gambler. 
kinda like my theory of the run on toilet paper. Still havent heard a plausible reason y everyone needed 2 year supply. I think some people just felt safe Preparing for this by loading 2-3 shopping carts with TP. Spend $100 or so and u get ALL THIS.if ya catch what I’m throwin.then people seen other people loading up and they follow suit. Gave em a false sense of security when they looked in there room and seen it loaded. 
Early march when I seen kinda where this was goin I bought bulk ammo,mags, and socks. 

IMG_0509.jpg

i hear you, man. This stuff seems like overkill. But I will also tell you that America has raised eyebrows across the world with our lack of responsiveness, with the perception being that we should have gone all in way before we did. As a country, we have lost enormous stature - most assumed that we'd be more prepared for this than anyone, and it turned out to be the opposite. Sweden is an interesting case. Their society is a model of social responsibility, and has traditionally been mocked by the right wing for its ultra-liberal policies. But in this case, instead of shutting down entirely, they asked people to take personal responsibility and they shut things down only in part (grade schools are open, others are closed). When we tried to do the same thing here, most people laughed and ignored the "advice". Hence, draconian measures. Is it worth it? Jury's still out. Including on Sweden. Honestly, we won't know until long after this has passed, and even then there are going to be folks who say, "That rock wouldn't have hit me - you shouldn't have pushed me aside". I would personally have preferred a more measured response, but I am in the minority that actually took the original guidance seriously. 

I will add something on masks, as it just popped up - they're not for you, they're to keep you from infecting other people - and they are effective for that. Do not think that wearing a mask makes you safe. It's about trying to protect each other. Wearing masks was not warranted until we had widespread community transmission. Check. It actually does make sense. Remember - fluid situation, emerging guidance.

And even the experts can whiff. Being wrong once doesn't make you wrong always lol. Otherwise, I'd be in lots of trouble...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

I will add something on masks, as it just popped up - they're not for you, they're to keep you from infecting other people - and they are effective for that. Do not think that wearing a mask makes you safe. It's about trying to protect each other. Wearing masks was not warranted until we had widespread community transmission. Check. It actually does make sense. Remember - fluid situation, emerging guidance.

And even the experts can whiff. Being wrong once doesn't make you wrong always lol. Otherwise, I'd be in lots of trouble...

The ONLY way it prevents infection is if they are infected, contagious, AND it's an N95 mask.  Any lesser mask won't stop the virus.  It doesn't protect anyone from getting it.