Cuomos new ruling

Hey are you guys watching cuomos conference. He is literally talking marinas. Apparently CT has opened their marinas......Lets bring our New York boats there and go fish lol.... He basically indicated opening marinas will be a coordinated group decision within the state.....

Please open the marinas! I've done everything right, I'm a sheep lol, I am happy to comply. But if I can't catch some crappie next week, all of that may change. 

I guess I lean toward doing what's asked, so long as it isn't nonsensical. And I freely admit that my gut feelings could easily be wrong. Okay, are likely wrong most of the time, to be honest, which is why I try to be guided by logic and information. I often defer to those with more expertise. But I still haven't had anyone provide a reasonable answer for why boat launches are closed. Yeah, there's a few boats with too many people, but it's not like we're having sandbar parties, Florida style. It's mostly a bunch of stinky old fishermen who are anti-social, anyway. I'd be shocked if boat launches are contributing to the spread of COVID-19. Maybe it's a downstate thing, or maybe I'm just wrong. Either way, I don't get it.

• Like 3

The Muhan virus has closed the launches for now.  Has anyone noticed what the seaway authority is doing with the water level this year ?  Since the first of the year they are maintaining the water level more than a foot higher than the same date last year. If they don't let water out now, we will have higher water than last year. When Mussolini opens the launches the water will be too high to use them. 

Please open the marinas! I've done everything right, I'm a sheep lol, I am happy to comply. But if I can't catch some crappie next week, all of that may change. 

I guess I lean toward doing what's asked, so long as it isn't nonsensical. And I freely admit that my gut feelings could easily be wrong. Okay, are likely wrong most of the time, to be honest, which is why I try to be guided by logic and information. I often defer to those with more expertise. But I still haven't had anyone provide a reasonable answer for why boat launches are closed. Yeah, there's a few boats with too many people, but it's not like we're having sandbar parties, Florida style. It's mostly a bunch of stinky old fishermen who are anti-social, anyway. I'd be shocked if boat launches are contributing to the spread of COVID-19. Maybe it's a downstate thing, or maybe I'm just wrong. Either way, I don't get it.

I’m glad I’m not the only one staring at my boat in the driveway. Lol It’s my belief that a lot of the reason for the Lake O launches being closed is to stop the influx of out of the area boats / fisher people. Before they got the barricades up , it was a circus The sooner we stop the spread of the virus , the sooner we will get back to fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

To late to do anything about the water level now. Figures I saw last year says it takes 6 weeks to drop the lake level 4”.
On the bright side , the Ottawa River does not look like it is going to be near as bad as last year so all things being equal, the Seaway should not have any reason to shut the gates at Massena to keep from flooding TabernackTown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have had the dam outflows high all throughout the winter and right now the outflows are about 2000-2500cubic meter/sec higher than last year at this time.  They can't lower it fast enough.   The only thing we can hope for is a dry spring. 

18 hours ago, Gator said:

I think it's about the crowd that would gather at the launch and parking lot. Saratoga Lake launch has already proven it would be packed. JMO

My Walmart was packed. Transit Road Williamsville. About half the people had masks on yesterday. I have been wearing one in stores for weeks now because we have a fragile daughter.

Just got back from Wegmans. 

My wife has been  bugging me to wear a mask and I don't want to but caved in to her . 

Virtually everyone in there had a mask . 

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Masks work to some extent in my opinion. Remember at first they said don't bother because the healthcare workers needed them. Ok, so think about that. Now they are saying everyone should wear them. What changed? Supplies of masks are catching up. If they don't work, why in the hell are nurses screaming bloody murder that don't have masks. They certainly have some positive benefits apparently or the healthcare workers wouldn't be concerned about the shortages.

Masks are supposed to help prevent you from spreading the virus if you're an asymptomatic carrier. It's to keep other people safe. If folks think a mask is going to keep them safe, then yeah, it's definitely a false sense of security. When I wear a mask, I don't touch my face as much, either, which is good - but I wear a mask frequently. Others may feel the need to mess with it. 

Soon, stores won't let you in unless you're masked, so get used to it, no matter what you feel. Law of the land, as per Herr Cuomo.

• Like 1

The difference in the gun laws state to state is an actual violation of the Constitution. Called Infringement. Bill of Rights. Different question altogether. Anything not given to the Feds is reserved for the States and the People. But the Bill of Rights is not a list of authorizations granted to either the federal government or the states. It is a list of "the rights of the people", we possess. Rights that cannot be thwarted by the Government.

Ur absolutely right bandrus. Thats why gun laws are so different state to state. Seperation of state n federal government. End of the day its up governers to open up there states