Cayuga Long point launch

Mar 29, 2020 - 14 in the FAQ at: https://esd.ny.gov/sites/default/files/ ... conducted by state and local governments, including fines up to $10,000 per violation. Doesn't say if the fines are for running a non-essential business or launching a boat.

• Like 1

I'm sure it'll depend on which officer you're dealing with.  This undersheriff had pretty lenient statements, but I wouldn't bet on his friendliness from others.  

statement from a Jefferson County Undersheriff:
“If we get a complaint, the first thing we’ll look to do is education and try to gain voluntary compliance,” he said. “Everyone’s intentions are in the right place but in some cases (they’re not considering the consequences).”
“Say if a couple (that lives together) launches a boat by themselves, I don’t see a COVID-19 violation there,” he said.
https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/04/coronavirus-ny-temporarily-suspends-use-of-all-its-boat-launches-for-recreational-use.html?fbclid=IwAR2Vq6xJwMFHgibizrb2Es3yYCgTSVFAFmHU-PMwatYt7c_y12wDFrIEseE

• Like 1

Here's a pic at Taughannock from thu morning. Kinda makes sense, 1 maybe 2 boats at a time with a dock to yourself for social distancing. They could do the same at Deans and Treman I would think. Checked this morning (sat) and the barricade is removed and there are 2 signs on the dock posts stating all launches are closed as of a certain time on 4/17.20200416_103436.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you move barriers or disregard signs you deserve the ticket. If you fish alone or with immediate members of family you live with and there are no signs or barriers you deserve to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

If you move barriers or disregard signs you deserve the ticket. If you fish alone or with immediate members of family you live with and there are no signs or barriers you deserve to fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yup.