Hemlock/Canadice closed

Well...according to guidance from the State, all launches and access points, private or public, are closed to recreational boating. That would seem to include just about everywhere. Now, I'd be lying if I said that the launch on Canadice looked closed this afternoon, or that I didn't see a bunch of kayak fishermen. But there were trailers in other, more popular launch lots as well, and you know for dang certain that they're closed. So you've got to ask yourself - do you feel lucky? :rofl:

4 hours ago, Gator said:

Well...according to guidance from the State, all launches and access points, private or public, are closed to recreational boating. That would seem to include just about everywhere. Now, I'd be lying if I said that the launch on Canadice looked closed this afternoon, or that I didn't see a bunch of kayak fishermen. But there were trailers in other, more popular launch lots as well, and you know for dang certain that they're closed. So you've got to ask yourself - do you feel lucky? :rofl:

Cuomo changed it today and all marinas and launches are open for private use as long as social distance rules are followed.  Charters are still on the back burner. 

I'm stoked that we can launch boats legally now, but I don't automatically think that my individual freedoms supersede societal responsibility. With its magnitude and the constantly changing situation...I wouldn't want to be in charge. No matter what, folks are going be pissed at you.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gator said:

I'm stoked that we can launch boats legally now, but I don't automatically think that my individual freedoms supersede societal responsibility. With its magnitude and the constantly changing situation...I wouldn't want to be in charge. No matter what, folks are going be pissed at you.

x3

Edited by Sk8man

Election Day is seven months away. do you think people will remember  this BS. New York is liberal blue state. these people love  democrats. I tell people if you don't know anything about your elected officals and believe me most of them don't have any idea how they vote for you because most people don't want to know because they are brainwashed by the media the TV you watch and the books they sell you. I will give you a tip. it only takes 5 minutes of your time. go to google put in the candidate name and look for his or hers voting record. if these people don't vote for your interest get rid of them. most politicians are liars. their voting record don't lie. what we need is term limits and voter ID. it can be done if people took 5 minutes of your time. nope people are to lazy. let somebody else do it for them. 

• Like 1

Better yet, poll some of your friends and relatives from around the country who their US Senators are and how many per state, who their governor is(might be easier now) and when is the next election for members of Congress.   The answers will be stunning.   Lots of people have had a lot of downtime in the past month and they still don't know which is sad. 

I agree with you 100% - information is powerful. Whether we agree or disagree, we should all make informed decisions.

Problem is the “wisdom” changes like the wind. Leaders, doctors, everyone is doing their best. This is new. Hopefully we learn as much as possible for the next one. Hopefully soon this virus goes away, and or we learn new ways to combat it successfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell

Does that mean that having doubts makes me wise lol? Cause my order for a crystal ball is still sitting in an Amazon warehouse somewhere. You are 100% right that we're in new territory. But more importantly, will this dang NE wind ever quit?