Ideas for occupying your time at home

Folks have been coming up with ideas for entertaining their kids but what about the rest of us?:lol:

I thought it might be good to make a suggestion list that people can add their input to give others ideas

Here are some of the things I have been doing to stave off boredom:

Checked over line and drags on all reels, examined rod eyelets for wear and rough spots

Attached new fluoro leaders to all my setups (Lost count at 44):smile:

Made new rig lines for Seth Green rigs, and checked over  connections

Weeded out  unused lures from lure boxes

Shined up spoons and replaced hooks where necessary (sharpened some as well)

Sorted out spoons and sticks by size in their boxes

Repainted shark weights and coated them with Plasti-dip

Coated all my Seth Green sinkers with Plasti-dip (to avoid handling lead directly and avoid scratches to boat)

Sorted out all the stuff  and equipment down cellar I'm putting back in the boat

Checked over  the downriggers and especially the connection points in the wire.

Double checked my trailer lights and oiled the winch

Checked trailer tire pressure and added air

Charged the batteries in the boat

Wiped down the displays of all my electronics

Checked over the condition  of all life vests

Checked the dates on my flares

Checked over and wiped down my kicker which off the boat is and on a stand in the garage

Checked over my nets  (one of which had a tear that I hadn't noticed previously) and repaired it

Most of this was done while listening to music on Youtube (some great stuff on there if you look around)

I'll be tying trolling flies as soon as I receive the new materials ordered

Am I ready yet to go fishing ? Still more stuff to do as I think of it:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

Les, You have the start of a business here!:smile:

Time to file a DBA or LLC

"Les's Boat detailing, leader making, plastic dipping, hook sharpening, flare checking & lure organization company"

Edited by Rookie Fisherman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sk8man said:

Folks have been coming up with ideas for entertaining their kids but what about the rest of us?:lol:

I thought it might be good to make a suggestion list that people can add their input to give others ideas

Here are some of the things I have been doing to stave off boredom:

Checked over line and drags on all reels, examined rod eyelets for wear and rough spots

Attached new fluoro leaders to all my setups (Lost count at 44):smile:

Made new rig lines for Seth Green rigs, and checked over  connections

Weeded out  unused lures from lure boxes

Shined up spoons and replaced hooks where necessary (sharpened some as well)

Sorted out spoons and sticks by size in their boxes

Repainted shark weights and coated them with Plasti-dip

Coated all my Seth Green sinkers with Plasti-dip (to avoid handling lead directly and avoid scratches to boat)

Sorted out all the stuff  and equipment down cellar I'm putting back in the boat

Checked over  the downriggers and especially the connection points in the wire.

Double checked my trailer lights and oiled the winch

Checked trailer tire pressure and added air

Charged the batteries in the boat

Wiped down the displays of all my electronics

Checked over the condition  of all life vests

Checked the dates on my flares

Checked over and wiped down my kicker which off the boat is and on a stand in the garage

Checked over my nets  (one of which had a tear that I hadn't noticed previously) and repaired it

Most of this was done while listening to music on Youtube (some great stuff on there if you look around)

I'll be tying trolling flies as soon as I receive the new materials ordered

Am I ready yet to go fishing ? Still more stuff to do as I think of it:lol:

I have done everything on your list except polishing the boat it's a fishing boat who's looking just me. But my wife leaves me a new honeydew list every day she goes to work at the hospital that keeps me busy

Nice going Kev hopefully the rest of us will be able to get out soon. cabin fever setting in bigtime for everyone.

Edited by Sk8man

What about" finish the book"? 

I change the bilge pump yearly.

I   ordered new rubber baskets for my nets. Came made in China  from a American company.. Half the size and thickness of the old ones. I called them and told them they should not be selling that junk,the guy said they have a 30 day return policy. Ive been debating putting the old baskets back on.

My boat,and all my gear is in line ready to go. Been spending alot of time scouting new areas to deer/bear hunt next year. So now what?

well seen a Rat the size of a cat last night in my chicken coop and now declared war. Put a pile of dog food out front the coop and Posted up with the 22mag. Hopefully I dont get arrested for hunting over bait. 

2159E538-9F33-4BDB-8BE1-CCCA0335BDE6.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Cool! Post a pic if you get him!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

COOL???

I should be digging holes, puttin foundations up, doin utility work, but I’m hunting rats!!LOL. But for you Mr. Whaler I will certainly post a pic 

• Like 2

“Just for you Whaler”,

It was a long sit. 8:00pm finally had a little action. 3 rats made there way from the pond, to the sand mount, and worked there way to my chicken pen. Wind was iffy blowin out of the west at 3-5mph towards the chicken coop. After 5min of watchin them run around finally got a decent 75yrd shot. Squeezed the trigger and he bucked and ran behind the coop. Not wanting to jump him I let him go for 20 min, and found him deceased 10 yrds from where I hit him.  

9C3F6238-8E18-4005-BFC1-E86B49AD1FCF.jpeg

• Like 4