Ideas for occupying your time at home

“Just for you Whaler”,
 It was a long sit. 8:00pm finally had a little action. 3 rats made there way from the pond, to the sand mount, and worked there way to my chicken pen. Wind was iffy blowin out of the west at 3-5mph towards the chicken coop. After 5min of watchin them run around finally got a decent 75yrd shot. Squeezed the trigger and he bucked and ran behind the coop. Not wanting to jump him I let him go for 20 min, and found him deceased 10 yrds from where I hit him.  
9C3F6238-8E18-4005-BFC1-E86B49AD1FCF.thumb.jpeg.efd31cba4e5e43f703ac6f30e9e27578.jpeg

That’s effin great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yea but I didnt get them all. I haven’t had any in my house but I’m sure its a matter of time before they get in. Any ideas for rat deterrents?  I dont want to use poison cause the chickens r free range and I got dogs. I definitely wont have time to RAT HUNT with the rifle when I go back to work. As of now I have the chicken door open with a motion light on so they trip it and I can get a shot at night. 

Had a similar problem in my 1st home. Unfortunately grain keeps them coming. Box baits were the only thing that worked. And snakes.

Yea but I didnt get them all. I haven’t had any in my house but I’m sure its a matter of time before they get in. Any ideas for rat deterrents?  I dont want to use poison cause the chickens r free range and I got dogs. I definitely wont have time to RAT HUNT with the rifle when I go back to work. As of now I have the chicken door open with a motion light on so they trip it and I can get a shot at night. 

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

4 hours ago, Hachimo said:

“Just for you Whaler”,

It was a long sit. 8:00pm finally had a little action. 3 rats made there way from the pond, to the sand mount, and worked there way to my chicken pen. Wind was iffy blowin out of the west at 3-5mph towards the chicken coop. After 5min of watchin them run around finally got a decent 75yrd shot. Squeezed the trigger and he bucked and ran behind the coop. Not wanting to jump him I let him go for 20 min, and found him deceased 10 yrds from where I hit him.  

9C3F6238-8E18-4005-BFC1-E86B49AD1FCF.jpeg

Now that's a good report!  Glad you didn't jump him...be a real **** to track in the dark!  Now use the rat for bait  and see what else is lurking!  Probably get ticketed for uncertified bait without a receipt for the rat!!!  LMFAO

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2020 at 8:43 PM, Hachimo said:

Rat kill traps with crunchy peanut butter and pumpkin seeds cinched down with 30 lb braid. Occasionally the bigs turn meat eating by catching mice. A fresh mouse kill cinched down on rat trap with braid. 

I had a big chuck living under my shed. And Hachimo (my 125lb 8year old male Rottweiler) loves chasing critters in the yard.  Well one day after a 100 or so attemps he finally caught him! Funniest thing I ever seen. He got on top and just froze. The woodchuck rolled,got up and Hachimo ran back to the house. The chuck chased him 20-30yrds. The dog ran in the house and hid under the kitchen table. 

• Haha 2