Boat launch executive order

I just read the executive orders on https://www.governor.ny.gov/executiveorders and can't find anything mentioning the closing of boat launches.

I even searched "boat" and "launch", and still nothing.

Does anyone have a copy of Cuomo's executive order shutting down boat launches?

The DEC website only says "To limit the community spread of COVID-19, use of all DEC-owned boat launches is temporarily suspended for recreational boaters."

Here is a link to the DEC website https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7832.html.

Thanks for any info.

• Like 1

I just read the executive orders on https://www.governor.ny.gov/executiveorders and can't find anything mentioning the closing of boat launches.
I even searched "boat" and "launch", and still nothing.
Does anyone have a copy of Cuomo's executive order shutting down boat launches?
The DEC website only says "To limit the community spread of COVID-19, use of all DEC-owned boat launches is temporarily suspended for recreational boaters."
Here is a link to the DEC website https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7832.html.
Thanks for any info.

I haven’t been able to find a copy of the executive order either. The only place I read about NYS boat launches is on the NYS Empire State Development site.

https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026

Paragraph 13

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Yep, the order itself simply refers to essential businesses, while the guidance defines what those entail. It gives them the ability to change guidance without issuing new executive orders as the situation evolves, I guess.

On my way down to Owasco park this morning to do some training with my lab, I watched a guy move cones and 2 " launch closed" signs to  put his Crestiner in. Just now, on the way back from a walk with my family and our lab, there were 2 Troopers standing on the dock as the guy was coming in. Don't know what the outcome was but it is obvious they are checking the launches. 

Time to rise up, essential businesses, come on they are all essential, you have to work, make money feed family, really! Only 20000 died so far, over 60000 died in auto accidents last year and they didn’t shut the country down or take are autos away.

1 hour ago, thork9 said:

Time to rise up, essential businesses, come on they are all essential, you have to work, make money feed family, really! Only 20000 died so far, over 60000 died in auto accidents last year and they didn’t shut the country down or take are autos away.

Crack kills.

3 hours ago, thork9 said:

It's a good thing auto accidents aren't contagious.

• Like 1

I believe that future look back at this whole situation will reveal that it all has done nothing but ruin a really hot economy and prolong the inevitable spread of a not so serious virus. Flatten the curve does not imply fewer infections, just spread them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It’s easy to say things like let’s open everything back up unless you know someone who died.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The fact that we can even debate this issue indicates that social distancing was effective. You don't think that a contagion like COVID-19 suddenly decided to play nice, do you? We made sacrifices, and we are winning. Now, maybe the medicine was worse than the disease, but it is IMHO waaaaay to early to even suggest such a thing. Let's adopt a rational, measured approach to reopening and save the 20/20 hindsight for when we're past the danger zone.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Gator said:

The fact that we can even debate this issue indicates that social distancing was effective. You don't think that a contagion like COVID-19 suddenly decided to play nice, do you? We made sacrifices, and we are winning. Now, maybe the medicine was worse than the disease, but it is IMHO waaaaay to early to even suggest such a thing. Let's adopt a rational, measured approach to reopening and save the 20/20 hindsight for when we're past the danger zone.

Good perspective on it.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fish Hunter said:

#scarethesheep 2020.

Biggest left media hoax ever perpitrated on the American people.

Good argument. You convinced me. I'm going to go perpetrate some more mischief now.

I invite you to join my colleagues and students on the front lines in NYC. If you think this is a hoax, my guess is that would disabuse you of the notion.

Edited by Gator

1 minute ago, Gator said:

Good argument. You convinced me. I'm going to go perpitrate some more mischief now.

Spell check operating? Oh....goes along with the low voltage.....Tell that to the families of the nearly 50,000 dead US citizens.

I knew that Keith... was not directed at you at all I mistakenly quoted you instead of the intended one. Sorry about that bud.:smile:

Edited by Sk8man

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

I'm really curious how Trumpers reconcile calling this a hoax yet Trump himself is saying Georgia is wrong.

I give the gov of Georgia credit for opening up his state. I wish our gov had his guts. The  gov we have for our state is playing politics with this virus. all he does is talk and tell the people what they want to hear. the longer he can keep our state shut down the more federal aid we will get.  any state that's 6 billion in the red can't fix there problem. if the people didn't complain we wouldn't have are launch ramps open. the model numbers are way off. how many people you think died because of this virus. I bet you about 10 thousand only. the rest died because people with serious medical history problems and life styles. the virus didn't kill them. I Think its time we open the state only  and keep ny city shut down for another month. if you people want to sit in your house and hide from this virus ok with me.  I want to get out and enjoy our short Summer we get here.