Boat launch executive order

I volunteer you to help out in one of the hospitals in an affected area - maybe in Wyoming county at some point. You're not immune. I don't disagree with some of your political views, but your mechanism of communicating them has led me to discount anything you say. You may be a nice enough guy, but that's a rabid post.

Edited by Gator

people from rual NY state pay for NY city. that liberal cess pool sucks this state dry. they control our elections. this beautiful state we live in is not liberal its conservative  NY.  we have about 6 counties in this state that vote democrat. these counties all fight over who can get the free stuff from this state. on the western end we have Erie county and we have 5 other counties on the eastern end vote for these insects on the left. I live in the most conservative distract in this state Wyoming county. we can't stand these insects that run this state. we are trying to divide up this state. it could happened some day. I hope the federal gov don't bail out these 5 bankruptcy states. it would put the whole country in another Great Depression. what we need here is another Boston tea party. never give up your guns. buy more guns. comuo has no political capital to spend here. all he does is talk and take care of the special interest that keep him in power. we better get rid of him soon. I'm tired listen to him every day on his dog and phony show. its sickening. what a liar. 

Ray, you probably don’t want to hear it, by NYC money comes out here, not the other way around. And Wyoming County in particular is a net receiver of tax money, not a giver. Your county gets way more than it gives. Way more.

I don’t like the NYC politics any more than you, but facts are facts. Western NY, especially the rural counties, are the hands out counties in this state, not the counties in NYC. You benefit way more than you realize. Roads, bridges, school budgets. The NY Troopers keeping the peace in your town because you can’t fund a local force. Etc etc. Without NYC dollars we’d live in one of the poorest states in the nation.

Insects. Ugh. The extreme hate for folks with a different perspective is unfortunate. They are all people too.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, weave said:

Ray, you probably don’t want to hear it, by NYC money comes out here, not the other way around. And Wyoming County in particular is a net receiver of tax money, not a giver. Your county gets way more than it gives. Way more.

I don’t like the NYC politics any more than you, but facts are facts. Western NY, especially the rural counties, are the hands out counties in this state, not the counties in NYC. You benefit way more than you realize. Roads, bridges, school budgets. The NY Troopers keeping the peace in your town because you can’t fund a local force. Etc etc. Without NYC dollars we’d live in one of the poorest states in the nation.

Insects. Ugh. The extreme hate for folks with a different perspective is unfortunate. They are all people too.

This....x2

Hop

35 minutes ago, weave said:

I don't agree with you. NY city don't pay us anything. we pay out to them. NY city is a sanctuary city. they have a budget bigger than all the counties combined. they spend more money foolishly.  rual counties live within their means. they do get some money for schools and road repair but we live very conseravtive life styles out here. people work long hours.  my county has a population about 15 thousand. we have more cows than people. a farmer out here lives on a 1930 pay scale. our road crews work up to 80 hours a week during the winter. when its time we need more money we force our elected officials to cut spending. people out here don't live high off the hog. they live with out all the goodies other people get from the populated areas. we heat our homes with wood or coal. you have to live in a rual area to understand what I;m talking about. if we ever had another depression rual people would come through it. I live now among amish people. I wouldn't live any other way. I'm tired paying for people that don't want to do a days work. I don't look for hand outs I worked for everything I have today. I hope you know where I;m coming from.   

6 minutes ago, Ray4852 said:

dont let facts get in the way Ray 

The tax gap: Upstate New York would lose what amounts to a $14 billion per year tax subsidy from New York state.

Upstate New Yorkers pay about $20 billion per year in taxes and fees to the state, and receive back about $34 billion in spending, according to a 2011 study by the Rockefeller Institute of Government in Albany.

Edited by bandrus1
  • Like 1

Maybe a pause here would do us all a lot of good  We've probably all posted things on here that were the product of emotion rather than being fully thoughtfully processed beforehand, and taking into account the different views of others. Extreme views  can really quickly polarize folks and Trump and Pelosi are both good examples. It is easy to incite people when emotions run high on some issues in particular. Gator hit the nail on the head I think that Ray has made some points that could be well taken but has also added statements that detract from those points and I guess hammering him won't change much in the way of appealing to viewing things with a wider perspective. Perhaps a little understanding is also in order as chronic RA is a condition that usually leaves folks with a greatly hightened underlying  irritability and reduced patience and some of the meds used to treat it greatly increase this factor. I for one am willing to pause my judgment and hope that maybe a little reflection on the main issue of the virus might be more productive.

Edited by Sk8man

7 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Maybe a pause here would do us all a lot of good  We've probably all posted things on here that were the product of emotion rather than being fully thoughtfully processed beforehand, and taking into account the different views of others. Extreme views  can really quickly polarize folks and Trump and Pelosi are both good examples. It is easy to incite people when emotions run high on some issues in particular. Gator hit the nail on the head I think that Ray has made some points that could be well taken but has also added statements that detract from those points and I guess hammering him won't change much in the way of appealing to viewing things with a wider perspective. Perhaps a little understanding is also in order as chronic RA is a condition that usually leaves folks with a greatly hightened underlying  irritability and reduced patience and some of the meds used to treat it greatly increase this factor. I for one am willing to pause my judgment and hope that maybe a little reflection on the main issue of the virus might be more productive.

You got RA all wrong. you have to live with it to understand it. its not the same in all people. every case is different.  The drugs today help  people live a normal life.  years ago people suffered with RA. you might be right years ago. not today. medical science has help us out a lot. I believe 50 years from now people will have it better  I was pulled off my drugs for two months this year for prostate cancer. radiation took care of it. I was glad to get back on my drugs. I feel like a normal man again. cost 7 grand every eight weeks. I thank god I have a good insurance. A lot of people are fighters with RA. you can't give up. it will get the best of you. 

3 hours ago, Ray4852 said:

You got RA all wrong.

Sometimes people may know more than you might think or than the experience of your little personal world. Many of the RA medications have very pronounced side effects for some people and some can even include death (unusual but possible). Everyone is different in how they metabolize the different drugs and there are many different forms of RA as well. The quote is an example of what Gator and I were referring to.....you word things in such a way that appears as arrogance and being condescending. A little tact can go along way in getting a point across.

Edited by Sk8man

Com on, whaler, after all the hateful rhetoric Ray’s been spewing out and you get your panties in a knot over that?  I’ve got a novel idea, why don’t we all continue this political conversation on some other appropriate website and leave this one confined to the subject of fishing.

• Like 1

Bill what I am referring to is that the views he is espousing are centered around his own personal perception and don't necessarily relate to the general populace or reflect their experience. It wasn't a slam per se but an accurate description of what amounts to a limited viewpoint. There are some things he has said that resemble my own point of view but the way they are put irritates folks and puts them off. That is basically what I was saying.