Boat launch closure protest!

Saturday April 25th let us show these state officials that they are over stepping their bounds and stepping all over OUR freedoms. They can NOT keep us off OUR property. At 7am sharp on April 25th us as boaters can calmly protest our rights while still maintaining social distancing guidelines and following the 6ft rule. Arrive at any launch across the state, launch your boat and go enjoy your day. You will not catch this virus on the water in you're own damn boat. We can all sit here and try to be internet hero's or we can stand up for our freedoms. It's your choice. They can't and won't stop us all!

Edited by suttontroller94

54 minutes ago, suttontroller94 said:

Saturday April 25th let us show these state officials that they are over stepping their bounds and stepping all over OUR freedoms. They can NOT keep us off OUR property. At 7am sharp on April 25th us as boaters can calmly protest our rights while still maintaining social distancing guidelines and following the 6ft rule. Arrive at any launch across the state, launch your boat and go enjoy your day. You will not catch this virus on the water in you're own damn boat. We can all sit here and try to be internet hero's or we can stand up for our freedoms. It's your choice. They can't and won't stop us all!

I feel your pain. I agree with everything you said. I think we will see something happen after may 15th. my boat is still in winter storage. I still have snow on the ground. got 4 inches last night. 

Here's a couple of nice pike I caught over the past few weeks on Cayuga's south end.  These were the first pike I've ever caught in the Finger Lakes.  I was targeting trout, and these toothy critters showed up.  Both 32", very healthy and released.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.36.45 PM.png

Edited by cinnamon fish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, suttontroller94 said:

Like Mike said ramps are open so this is no longer an issue however it's the country I love too. Myself and many others wouldn't be too coward to stand up for something we believe in. Especially if it hurts literally no one!

I appreciated your initial post Bob stepping up and you're right Cuomo took it too far closing boat ramps.  I'm glad he quickly turned that around. I think everyone's trying to navigate the best decisions they can through a situation that hasn't been seen in a century.  Fishing will help keep us afloat in many ways through it.

• Like 2