Boat Launch Update!!!

Marinas, boatyards, and recreational marine manufacturers, for ongoing marina operations and boat repair/maintenance, where such facilities adhere to strict social distancing and sanitization protocols. Use of such sites for the purposes of personal use or operation of boats or other watercraft is permissible, provided that no establishment offer chartered watercraft services or rentals. Restaurant activity at such sites are limited to take-out or delivery only.

Source: https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4

1 minute ago, js003c said:

Let’s hope that people are smart in taking advantage of this second chance. If it becomes a free for all, they’ll certainly shut us down again.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You know people are going to try running charters on the dl

Countless non essential businesses have stayed open on the DL...some get away with it some don't!  Don't know exactly what will happen to any captains who get caught, but I was told by the DEC that licensed guides that are caught operating are definitely losing their guide license.  No guiding of any kind, not from shore, not from different kayaks, not for hiking, hunting, etc.  Also was told I better not be out there with a group of "friends" and even the owner of the marina I'm in was told to make sure I wasn't guiding because he as the owner of a private launch is also responsible for not allowing commercial use of his marina.  I cancelled/rescheduled everything till after mid May a couple weeks ago anyways and wouldn't be shocked if I had to move/lose a bunch more.   

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:26 PM, bandrus1 said:

You know people are going to try running charters on the dl

And even if they don't some clown on a message board will accuse them of it..

There is going to be people speeding too, and I think sneaking charters is wrong as well, but they are probably guys who are pretty desperate at this point. All they wanna do is work to support themselves.  Again I'm not excusing it, but I'm not gonna judge a man for working when I don't know what he is up against.  Had a guy call me couple days ago and wanted a big branch cut out of a tree.  I said is the branch an emergency or dangerous?  He said no I'm just stuck home and thought I'd get it taken care of.  I told him I didn't think that it fit the bill for essential residental construction and easily things could happen and someone might complain and I don't want a ticket just for a few bucks...but somebody needed the money bad enough and did it.  When my kids were young I guarantee I would have done it, and essential or not I would have worked every chance I had.

• Like 1

The local governments welcome squealers as well, never  forget that... Its happening everywhere... 
People ratting out their neighbors in the name of ""public safety"".. 

Also, NEVER under any circumstances  think that local, county, state police or  military/government  officials are on your side. They will always follow orders, no matter how unjust,  and will arrest you have you thrown in jail if thats the "prescribed penalty" for your "offense", and go home to their own families without a second thought...
 I know some here  will think I'm a conspiracy theory kook, but in world history, millions upon millions of innocent citizens of nations  around the world have been imprisoned, tortured or murdered by state /local ""servants"" that were   "just doing their job".."only following orders"etc... We have NOT changed that much.

Modern society is based on a very thin veneer of normalcy...

Things I have seen in the past few weeks have hit  me hard, Understand that personal  freedom is what the government tells you it is,, NOT what we as individuals   think it should be.. Indeed,that veneer of civilization is very fragile indeed.... bob

Edited by bulletbob
  • Thanks 1

The local governments welcome squealers as well, never  forget that... Its happening everywhere... 
People ratting out their neighbors in the name of ""public safety"".. 
Also, NEVER under any circumstances  think that local, county, state police or  military/government  officials are on your side. They will always follow orders, no matter how unjust,  and will arrest you have you thrown in jail if thats the "prescribed penalty" for your "offense", and go home to their own families without a second thought...
 I know some here  will think I'm a conspiracy theory kook, but in world history, millions upon millions of innocent citizens of nations  around the world have been imprisoned, tortured or murdered by state /local ""servants"" that were   "just doing their job".."only following orders"etc... We have NOT changed that much.

Modern society is based on a very thin veneer of normalcy...

Things I have seen in the past few weeks have hit  me hard, Understand that personal  freedom is what the government tells you it is,, NOT what we as individuals   think it should be.. Indeed,that veneer of civilization is very fragile indeed.... bob

I disagree and I think the Safe Act is a good example. Most cops won’t inforce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

Good Day,

So I can launch from a marina - private boat, just personal use, but not a public launch? Correct?

Dave

Public launches are open. Taughannock park emailed me today saying the launches and marina (for slip holders) are both open.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Very good thanks! I would be looking to get on Keuka Lake...so either Penn Yan or the State Park. Both web sites do not show open, but probably just behind in their notice.

Thanks, Dave