boat ramps and marinas to be opened

Well they did this because CT and NJ marinas were open and boats from NYC area were going across the LI sound and down to the jersey shore. So to avoid that and other cross state contamination issues they opened New York Marinas up.....at least thats whats posted.  I think its a good move but we all need to truly keep six foot distance on boats....Dont overcrowd them, take minimal people, fish, go home type thing

Hold on a second guys. Anyone planning on launching, despite what you read and hear, should check first with some of the members of this forum as they seem to be the authority on traveling, launch usage and general COVID-19 control. Last thing we'd want to do is upset someone for using their I mean the launches/ports prematurely. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Hehe

Hold on a second guys. Anyone planning on launching, despite what you read and hear, should check first with some of the members of this forum as they seem to be the authority on traveling, launch usage and general COVID-19 control. Last thing we'd want to do is upset someone for using their I mean the launches/ports prematurely. 

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The Public launches in Fair Haven are back open. Most likely my marina will open up tomorrow hopefully. Everyone just needs to keep their six foot distance and we should be good to go. 

• Like 1

To All,
I just recently finished correspondence with the Governors representative regarding modification to executive order 202.6. Below is the section reference to marinas, boatyards... that can reopen as long as social distancing and other guidelines remain in place.

“Marinas, boatyards, and recreational marine manufacturers, for ongoing marina operations and boat repair/maintenance, where such facilities adhere to strict social distancing and sanitization protocols. Use of such sites for the purposes of personal use or operation of boats or other watercraft is permissible, provided that no establishment offer chartered watercraft services or rentals. Restaurant activity at such sites are limited to take-out or delivery only.”

Although this order does not specifically mention public boat launches. My discussion with the Governors Representative for our region noted this does include public boat launches as long as they are not manned by public employees.

I will have the barriers removed today.
Again, thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding during this time.

Mayor Jim Basile

From the mayor Fair Haven

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

This signed statement should be mandatory for anyone deciding to ignore the stay at home advice That way they won’t overload the medical facilities at their destination IMG_1087.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Chinook,

Mitigation isn't going to actually happen... doesn't matter whether we think it should or not!  People would have travelled to protest in large groups or we can let em do what they want.  Either way the cat was never staying in the bag.  

6 hours ago, ADKHewes said:

Internet Gold

• Like 1

Is Wright's Landing staying closed ? They never update their facebook page and I don't see much Oswego news . I'm still waiting till May but I'd still rather drive there than other launches since it's almost all 4 lane driving from my house . Easier on the trailer.

Not sure where these rumors of NYS launches open started.  Today's news states all marina's and state launches are closed due to Covid-19.  Seager marina's on is closed until  further notice as is Smith Brothers. 

Edited by NPike