Stupid mistake

I was with my buddy when he launched his car.Backed in to pull the boat out and the car jumped out of park and back she went. Good thing the trailer jack knifed, that ramp drops into 30 feet 10 feet past the end. Got pulled out by a guy with a truck, first time we stopped on the way home it was like a tidal wave coming from the back seat.:rofl:

Some things seem stupid until you find out why they are done.A few years ago, in the Thousand Islands region ,I witnessed the weirdest thing. This guy backed his boat down the ramp but, instead of letting the boat off the trailer, he disconnected the trailer from the truck and backed into the lake with the trailer still tied to the boat. He parked his truck and took off with the boat and trailer still attached. After I launched, I decided to follow this guy and witnessed him going to a boathouse on one of those tiny islands with one house. When he arrived there, he hooked the trailer to a winch on what I later understood to be his boat ramp. He winched boat and trailer onto the ramp and then I came to realize that he used his trailer on the island all summer to launch his boat or pull it out of the water.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, rolmops said:

Some things seem stupid until you find out why they are done.A few years ago, in the Thousand Islands region ,I witnessed the weirdest thing. This guy backed his boat down the ramp but, instead of letting the boat off the trailer, he disconnected the trailer from the truck and backed into the lake with the trailer still tied to the boat. He parked his truck and took off with the boat and trailer still attached. After I launched, I decided to follow this guy and witnessed him going to a boathouse on one of those tiny islands with one house. When he arrived there, he hooked the trailer to a winch on what I later understood to be his boat ramp. He winched boat and trailer onto the ramp and then I came to realize that he used his trailer on the island all summer to launch his boat or pull it out of the water.

That's brilliant!   Another case of knowing the full story.   Plenty of stupid or eccentric out there.....but sometimes its exactly what its suppose to be!  While I can be harsh of opinion, as I get older I've realized a delayed reaction sometimes pays off.

Edited by Fat Trout
  • Like 1

I watched a boater sink his truck at a ramp. As the boat was pulled up on the end of the trailer, the hitch on the truck was lifted up and the parking brake was useless and the whole rig went into the drink. Parking brakes on the rear axle are not good enough, a driver with his foot on all the brakes is better.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:55 PM, Gill-T said:

I once tried to grow a mullet with my curly hair in the eighties. 

Me too!  Check me out on left, this is from late 80s.... My buddy was pissed, we filled our punch cards, I caught the king I was holding, 2 out of 3 of the silvers my buddy was holding and the cabezon in his other hand as well....

I have been a mile out into the Strait of Juan de Fuca (before cell phones) stopped to fiddle with something and realized I had taken on a LOT of water.... FORGOT PLUG...  Brought her up to plane (thank goodness she got there) and after it drained put the plug in from the inside, scared the crap out of me.

Burlow.jpg