Mounts and switch

Mikeyman104

As I said Big Jon never seen that happen before.  I use the Big Jons as my up riggers and never ran more than 6 lb weights on them to take advantage of blow back to keep the cables away from the trolling motor.  The only thing I can think of is possibly a bad manufacturing production run.  I'm not sure who Big Jon's supplier is but a lot of our steel comes from China.  Chances are slim that it will happen again but a tag line gives me piece of mind and only takes a second to install.  I use 1/8" nylon rope with a spring loaded clip.  I just clip it on a cleat.  

Well they are wired in. Used 10 ga wire and just wired right from the battery to a fuse block then to an old receptacle I found laying around. We're also in the process of having the kitchen redone so I stole a receptacle box from that and ordered a cover for it. The fuse block is just velcro'd to the side of the boat so might have to find a little better solution for that. Should be alright for now though.

Used a sharpie to put a mark on the cord and the receptacle to help remember how to plug them in correctly to make sure they go the right way.

Hopefully be able to give them a test run soon! Thanks all for the assistance20200513_194114.jpeg20200513_203621.jpeg20200513_205305.jpeg20200513_205447.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Took the riggers on their first run yesterday. Launched out of Mexico point and went to about 40' of water. Setting everything up solo while trying to steer is gonna take some getting used to cause it was pretty messy looking, but we'll get there. Looked out to about 80' but nothing. Ended up finding fish and bait in front of Selkirk but couldn't buy a bite. Overall good learning experience.

Today went down to owasco for an evening trip out. Launched from Emerson and trolled the east side. Had a buddy with me to made setting up easier. Ended up going 4/5 with 2 Lakers and 2 brown. Most over 100-120 fow and 30-40 down. A stinger with a copper back had 3/5 hits.

Riggers are working good and looking forward to getting back out to use them again.Resized_20200523_172654.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app