Anyone have one or know where to get one?

sstout

I've searched high and low on the internet. Apparently they dont make this part anymore, and there is no aftermarket piece. I'll post a pic below. It's the coupler from the top carburetor to the lower carburetor so the butterfly valves open at the same time. Mine broke when I removed the carbs. The motor is a 1984 mercury 60hp 2 stroke. Anyone have one they would be willing to part with, or anyone know where to find one? I currently have mine jb welded back together but it bothers me to clean and do everything right, and then put this back on. 

Screenshot_20200419-115037_Chrome.jpg

Plastic. Theres a metal piece in the center that lines up with the throttle shaft of the top carb. The rest is plastic. It uses a screw through the side to hold into the shaft. The issue is, the sides are really thin plastic and that's where it broke. I used some jb weld putty and stuck the broken top back to the bottom. Itll never break again, but it's also not correct

Might be easier to have someone 3D print you a new one. And glue the metal piece back in. That being said. There are 2 marine junkyards that i know of.
One was/is in weedsport. (I can't remember the name, nor can i find the info online). And the other is in Watertown. I have a call out to a friend that has been to that one. As soon as i hear from him i will get the info posted.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Called Barrett Marine in waterloo. They were super helpful. They did not have any and said the part is no longer being made. But, the gave me the name of two other places that show they have a few in stock. Hopefully they are willing to ship them to me. Going to call in a little while. Who would have thought that this little plastic piece would be such a big deal

Latest update. Called four more places, two of which I was told had a couple in stock. No dice. Both places said that I was the third guy in two days to call wanting one. They sold both they had. The part is no longer made and there is no aftermarket. Time to make my own I guess.

If someone wanted to 3d print, or cnc these out of aluminum and sell them, I'm sure there would be a market for it. Some jb weld will work for how until I can find a more permanent solution. Thanks for all the replies

Awesome. When I clicked on it, it showed they had 4 available. It says it's a reproduction part that they are making. I looked at NLA Marine and it showed out of stock a few days ago. I just ordered one. Thank you for coming across that