Spring browns

We seem to do pretty well fishing for browns when the good colored water is in in 6-10 fow. But when we slide out deeper than that looking for water that's not so colored up things slow down. What are some tips for putting together and effective spread in a little deeper water?

No gin clear water. Presence of bait. Spoon bite. If you don’t see them on the graph, and aren’t catching them move.
Cover a little depth back and forth as you go. When you find them mark your location and 180 when you lose them.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

So to clarify , when you fish in the colored water in 6 to 10 ft you are catching fish . Then for some reason you decided to move deeper out of the colored water and you don't catch fish . 

Shouldn't that tell you something ? The fish are in the colored water . The first rule of this type of fishing is you don't leave fish to find fish . 

• Like 1

What I'm saying is when the water color in 6-10 fow is good we catch fish. But when the water color is to dark in 6-10fow we slide out and we don't do as well. So for example if we are in 20 fow, how should we adjust? Fish near bottom, run divers, leadcores etc etc?

• Like 1

It sounds to me like the fish are still there, but it's too muddy to catch them. Moving out moves you away from the fish. Also, the shallower they are, the more concentrated. Could it be simple logistics? In which case, you may not be doing anything wrong. I will tell you that we do better on divers (including slide divers) in 20-30 ft, and riggers have their days. We also transition to short 100' copper in that kind of water. Good luck.

Use bigger brighter stickbaits in the dirty water . 

Once you get out to the 20 to 50 ft range , put some diving plus like a spoonbill rebel or similar on boards . 

I do this once in a while with good results . 

I see some nice  baits at the store I think would shine . 

Some of the Shady Raps or Tail dancers would get down 20 to 30 ft.

You need to know the dive rate of what you use so they  don't snag up 

Also divers need to be well tuned to run correctly.

We caught a lot of fish back in the day fishing like this . 

Great small boat set up . 

I would run two stickbaits off my downriggers 1 each 75 to 125 back , and 2 divers Longlined back 175 to 225 or off boards . 

This was before lead core , slide divers etc.