Jump to content

Any reports from today?


Recommended Posts

Took a look this morning but didn’t look great for a solo trip. Wind was still East and I HATE East wind.
Saturday am looks ok but will be going to East pretty early in the day. I’m guessing some folks fished but I saw no boats.


Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Took a look this morning but didn’t look great for a solo trip. Wind was still East and I HATE East wind.
Saturday am looks ok but will be going to East pretty early in the day. I’m guessing some folks fished but I saw no boats.


Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Being a rookie fishing Ontario this year please help me out with what the East wind does to the South shore fishing conditions.  I've read from many here that prevailing current is West to East, (makes sense), so is it a case where the East wind disrupts the upper part of the column??  Is an East wind a Spring problem or all season.  What adjustments do you make to find/entice fish when the wind is wrong?

Thanks in advance for comments!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

East or northeast is cold and nasty. Seems to put fish in lockdown. Waves run double plus relative to other directions. If East was the prevailing wind I’d take up golf. Sucks


Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reel Doc said:

Being a rookie fishing Ontario this year please help me out with what the East wind does to the South shore fishing conditions.  I've read from many here that prevailing current is West to East, (makes sense), so is it a case where the East wind disrupts the upper part of the column??  Is an East wind a Spring problem or all season.  What adjustments do you make to find/entice fish when the wind is wrong?

Thanks in advance for comments!

If you are new, don't focus too deep in the consideration of things.  Just watch for calm conditions and get out there when they present themselves.  What winds do and what currents result vary depending on a lot of things including where you are on the lake.  Just focus on the fact that if the wind is coming from an unprotected direction....the higher it is and the farther it can go across open water, the rougher it might be.  Currents are not universal.  

Edited by Fat Trout
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

East or northeast is cold and nasty. Seems to put fish in lockdown. Waves run double plus relative to other directions. If East was the prevailing wind I’d take up golf. Sucks


Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Nothing about fishing is bad enough to get me to take up golf.

Appreciate all the input!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fished out of Oswego yesterday, had to wait until about 8am for the residual waves to die down. Headed towards the plant. The mud line was insane, went 4/5 on fish and one 17" small mouth. Lost one dish in about 7ft of water on a caddy shack. caught the rest on the mud line in about 25-35ft go water on 2-3 colors down. One on glow green alewife, uv orange tuxedo, and one on a #9 Perch flicker shad. largest was 24" 5.5lb, rest were 18" browns

fishing ontario.jpeg

fishing ontario mitch.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...