04/23 Report and 1st Post

Hello everyone! First post here, so be gentle... I fished solo out of Selkirk (Pine Grove) today and went 0-2. Headed south and ran stingers most of the time fished on weighted flat lines in 8-12 ft at 1.8-2.4 mph. I had zero hits. Moved out and fished 20-22 with lead core and had two fish on briefly. Both on uv cadyshack stinger and both in almost exactly the same location. Surface temp was 43-44 in most areas. Water was variably stained out to about 45 ft.

I'm by no means a pro when it comes to fishing the big lake and don't have down riggers. I generally fish 2 rods and fish alone, so take this report for what it is. Hope to get back out Saturday, maybe in a different area.

Tight Lines,

Setter

• Like 1

Be gentle? A lot of us haven't gotten out yet we're hungry for any fishing reports. The weather hasn't been nice so be thankful you got out, I, for one am jealous. Please keep up your posts and enjoy this site.

Hello everyone! First post here, so be gentle... I fished solo out of Selkirk (Pine Grove) today and went 0-2. Headed south and ran stingers most of the time fished on weighted flat lines in 8-12 ft at 1.8-2.4 mph. I had zero hits. Moved out and fished 20-22 with lead core and had two fish on briefly. Both on uv cadyshack stinger and both in almost exactly the same location. Surface temp was 43-44 in most areas. Water was variably stained out to about 45 ft.

I'm by no means a pro when it comes to fishing the big lake and don't have down riggers. I generally fish 2 rods and fish alone, so take this report for what it is. Hope to get back out Saturday, maybe in a different area.

Tight Lines,
Setter

Anybody fishing and sharing information is important. Sorry your luck wasn’t better, but thanks for communicating. Enjoy yourself Saturday, it’s supposed to be 60/sunny with light wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tight Lines,
Setter

Welcome!! Thanks for the post. This place is a wealth of info! check in early and often it’s definitely helped me put fish in the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 2

Welcome to the site. I’m fairly new as well, but this site definitely helped with the learning curve. I’ll be out of Mexico tomarrow and possibly Saturday. Feel free to PM me if ur gonna be out. No prob sharing info

X2 on the riggers for Small boat tactics 

I took a drive to look at a job on the lake west of Shadagee . 

Chocolate milk out to  20 ft of water . It will probably be like that for a while 

Perfect time for big bright stick or body baits with a lot of wobble and rattles . 

The fish can't hit what they can't see . 

3 hours ago, HB2 said:

Perfect time for big bright stick or body baits with a lot of wobble and rattles . 

The fish can't hit what they can't see . 

" The fish can't hit what they can't see "   <=  they do have a rather impressive feature, the lateral line, that can detect  movement, vibration, locate prey in the surrounding water without the aid of sight

• 1 month later...