Henderson / Stony Creek 2020

Do you have an e z steer on your kicker?  I am tempted to go solo but think I could only do it if I rigged something up to be able to steer from the helm

Yes it’s and e z steer system. I got it used on here. I believe it was actually for an I/O to kicker, but made it work. Definitely helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went out of Stony this evening. Dropped lines at 5, pulled em at 8. Found good temp and marks... only took a white fish and a dragged a small laker for a little bit. Best screens over 125 fow give or take. Getting a little frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went out Stony this morning till found 200', came back towards mountain. Only found 1 little guy, 500' copper on a spoon over 145'. Found the research vessel Seth Green on the lake end of mountain dragging nets. Went in shortly after as it was getting "Ontario ish"! Lol2051.jpeg

Sent from my E6910 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fireredcannon said:

Where does everyone get lake weather reports specific to the henderson area from? The only one ive seen close is Mexico but thats still quite a ways away

This is a pretty good site, weather and wave forecast...

https://marine.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=LOZ045#.W3RDXuhKjIV

3 hours ago, wrinklestar said:

It's going to be bumpy tuesday.  I would expect 4 with the occasional 5-6 footer.

Sounds like the first time I went out there, funny how my days off end up being great weather.

Do any of you notice a difference in catch when the weather's like that?

Some of my best days have been when the weather is snotty... I think I prefer not getting beat up all day though.

I am heading out to Henderson Harbor this weekend and spending the following week out there. I've heard the salmon have been hard to ignite so far.. has anyone been doing anything with browns or steelhead around the trench/mountain/finger?

Well my plan is boat in the water around 5ish tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted on how that goes.

Some of my best days have been when the weather is snotty... I think I prefer not getting beat up all day though.

I am heading out to Henderson Harbor this weekend and spending the following week out there. I've heard the salmon have been hard to ignite so far.. has anyone been doing anything with browns or steelhead around the trench/mountain/finger?

Sent from my LGL322DL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Our best days seem to be when waves are in the 1-2' range.  Flat calm can be slow and 4'+ just isn't fun.  I think the 1-2's are best because the light gets broken up AND we can still go wherever we want so can work good water consistently.

My buddy just sent me pics of a 30lber he caught in front of the big river earlier this week.  I'll be joining him this Friday for a week of fishing.  Can't wait!   Good luck everyone!  Hoping things turn on soon.