WTB STARCRAFT FISHMASTER 196

mine is a 115 etech l, I can get 33 on a glass lake.. I can troll with mine also, it's got a trolling feature, my only issue is I wish it was a 150 or 175 and the $50 a gallon etech oil 

I’ve heard it’s not good to troll with a 2 stroke. I’ve had lots of them over the years and fouling the plugs has always been an issue. I still run my 90 Yamaha and have to change out or clean the plugs after a few days of trolling. They do not like to go slow. Did they fix that with the BRP’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Fishmaster 196 said:

I would try and find one with at least a 150 hp motor on it. I know 2 guys that started with 115' s on them and upgraded later. Max HP is 200 HP on the newer ones. For some reason most of the older ones were sold with 115's on them.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have the 115 and I can get 33mph

Thats about what my buddies boat did with his Merc 115. His new Merc 150 will do 43 now. My yamaha F200 will do 49 with 2 guys and full tank, 45 with 4 guys, flat lake of course. I know my buddy is much happier with his upgrade, especially getting out of the hole. My first boat was underpowered and was a dog. I wasnt going to make the mistake again which is why I maxed out the HP on my new one.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jhayes11 said:

Hello,

I have a 2012 fishmaster 196 with 150 mer 2 stroke. 9.9 4 stroke kicker with helm and throttle control. I maybe looking to sell. 

that sounds like a nice boat! hope you guys make a deal, let's see pictures 

that sounds like a nice boat! hope you guys make a deal, let's see pictures 

I hope so too, Mike. Almost identical to yours. Offer is on the table. A little more than I wanted to spend, and not a 4 stroke, but it sounds like he’s taken pretty good care of it and is willing to deliver, so we’ll see. What auto pilot are you running? Did you have it installed, or did it come on the boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app