Hi folks thinking of going to try off the pier at Oswego, Fair Haven, or Sodus point this weekend. Do you think it might be productive for Browns? Maybe throw some spoons and stickbaits. If anyone has any reports or advice about tackle/lures or locations to try it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Could be.  In my experience the wind conditions dictate success or failure off the piers & walls.  I like Fairhaven because it has the most options.  In the park, the big wall fishes best when light north to east winds have been blowing for a day or more.  I hit a day there a few years ago when the launches were closed due to high water, the wind had done that for a week, and the fish were stacked in tight to the wall.  I caught 6 from the kayak in a couple of hours, and a guy on the pier said he caught 50 (might have been an exaggeration, but I’ll bet he did well).  When the wind is SW to W, the jetties East of the creek mouth fish best, and probably the west bay wall fishes just as well.

10 hours ago, cweb325 said:

Could be.  In my experience the wind conditions dictate success or failure off the piers & walls.  I like Fairhaven because it has the most options.  In the park, the big wall fishes best when light north to east winds have been blowing for a day or more.  I hit a day there a few years ago when the launches were closed due to high water, the wind had done that for a week, and the fish were stacked in tight to the wall.  I caught 6 from the kayak in a couple of hours, and a guy on the pier said he caught 50 (might have been an exaggeration, but I’ll bet he did well).  When the wind is SW to W, the jetties East of the creek mouth fish best, and probably the west bay wall fishes just as well.

Thanks I’ll check out fair haven, which park do you mean?  Went to Sodus point west pier this evening got one nice brown on a moonshine spoon