Put in around 7 this morning. A lot more traffic at the launch today. Had a slow start in 20-25 fow. Moved in to 15 fow and hit a nice little flurry from 9-10:30. Ended up boating 7 browns and lost track of how many short hits I had. Not really sure what that was all about. Had at least half a dozen come unglued before I got the rod out of the holder. Lost 3 or 4 more halfway in. It was a little frustrating, but I guess you can’t get em all. 

Surface temp was 45-47 degrees. Only hit one fish between 11 and 1 o’clock when I packed up. Beautiful day to fish!

On a sidenote, the launch was a little chaotic both going in and pulling out. A lot of people just getting out for the first time. Saw some adult children arguing and carrying on. I won’t bore you with the details... We all need to have a little extra patience since the launches are not at full capacity. Please be kind to one another out there! 

Setter

I tried to bump speeds a few times and nothing made it any better. short strikes was the name of the day, couldnt believe how many times rods would go off and no one home. planer rods, downriggers, leadcores everything it happened too. very odd, and very interesting to hear that you experienced the same today. I was out from big salmon today.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook 15 (CB3-532) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

19 minutes ago, juthunter32 said:

I tried to bump speeds a few times and nothing made it any better. short strikes was the name of the day, couldnt believe how many times rods would go off and no one home. planer rods, downriggers, leadcores everything it happened too. very odd, and very interesting to hear that you experienced the same today. I was out from big salmon today.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook 15 (CB3-532) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hmm... we were out today too. Killed them in front of the plant. Ended up 19/20 3 kings the rest browns and they were big! Over half browns caught were over 10lbs biggest was 17lbs. We had a triple with 2 browns and a king as one point... don’t ask me how but we landed all 3. Had 7 rods out and they all took fish at one point. Best day I’ve ever had on lake O

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FishingFool34 said:

Hmm... we were out today too. Killed them in front of the plant. Ended up 19/20 3 kings the rest browns and they were big! Over half browns caught were over 10lbs biggest was 17lbs. We had a triple with 2 browns and a king as one point... don’t ask me how but we landed all 3. Had 7 rods out and they all took fish at one point. Best day I’ve ever had on lake O

Got a pic of that monster brown?

• Like 1