Went 3/4, one laker, one steelhead, one brown. Had a king break my 30lb flouro, with my drag set properly. And I use seagar, not the cheap stuff. We specifically went for kings at 2pm. Headed straight out to find 50’. Then trolled toward nine mile. The fish were scattered. You’d find two or three hanging out around 35’ maybe every two hundred yards. On the troll back, as soon as we turned, we caught the three. The king hit somewhere between the launch and the plant. Fun day, but weather people shouldn’t hold a job. And I’m not apologizing for that- they called for 100% sunshine and less than 1’ waves all day right up until 9am then they changed the forecast. We had maybe an hour or so of sun and 2-3’ waves. Smh. 

Anyways, bought two wire diver combos from fat Nancy’s. They worked great. Used my first magnum spoons- laker and brown came on a stinger, white with green spots, steelhead hit a Sodus point buckeye both mags. King hit green alewive with yellow belly. FF didn’t catch anything but that’s the way she goes. Steelhead and brown both at legal size so we released them. Laker was well fed

3E852959-1D4A-4F73-B619-308BEC3913E2.jpeg

58EECDC8-011E-460B-9768-095CF5E7CA03.jpeg

71C15664-43FA-4A2C-AD02-070A09F11B63.jpeg

Edited by Offshore IV
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Low Baller said:

Good deal offshore, haven't uncovered my rig yet lol. I stopped trusting forcasts, every time I've made the run it was nothing like they predicted

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks LB, your time will come. Upstate NY will likely be back open before the rest of the state so make sure you’re ready!!

21 minutes ago, Second chance said:

Was the state ramp open ? 

Nice fish good job

The ramp has two lanes (which you likely knew) one is barricaded off but the other is open and anyone with a smaller boat (22’ or less) can launch two at a time side by side. There was an older couple that was in front of me with a shallow 14’ boat that were a bit slower but I didn’t have anyone behind me so I patiently waited until the gentleman got his truck parked before I launched. I felt bad enough they were about to go on the lake in 2-3’ waves with their boat. 🤢 launching side by side two at a time totally defeats the purpose of the barricades and frankly I do not have a clue which brilliant individual thought blocking one lane was necessary. 

Thanks for the compliment!

Side note- they need to do some serious work on the ramp itself. There’s a couple huge ledges and potholes right where the pavement meets the concrete. 

Nice work. Yea I dont believe what I hear or read when it comes to the weather up there. Anytime I’m goin out I stop at the Launch and look at the lake, Then proceed to the boat. That dictates if I go out fishing or just sit on the dock and shine some spoons. Lol

I thought the purpose of shutting the one lane down was to encourage people to launch one at a time. It was kinda hectic there last weekend when I was passing trou. 

3 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

Nice work. Yea I dont believe what I hear or read when it comes to the weather up there. Anytime I’m goin out I stop at the Launch and look at the lake, Then proceed to the boat. That dictates if I go out fishing or just sit on the dock and shine some spoons. Lol

I thought the purpose of shutting the one lane down was to encourage people to launch one at a time. It was kinda hectic there last weekend when I was passing trou. 

You’re right about the launch but I don’t think people are getting that hint. Haha I can’t imagine what a nice overcast 65* calm day would mean for people launching their boat early in the morning. There’ll be about a trillion people trying to fish. It’s just a dumb idea no matter how you look at it imo

47 minutes ago, Second chance said:

I never launched at pine grove .how is it there I have a 18 foot cutty .

When I was young fishin with my grandfather he always launched his 14ft there  and that was the only launch I knew. Got my 25ft trophy and launched it there for the first time.  Big mistake couldn’t put my outdrive down (to shallow) and wound up in the weeds. After cutting the grass for 45 min I was on my way.  Mexico is 10min away and so much easier. 

Edited by Hachimo