Choosing a rod for slide divers

Hey guys, looking for new slide diver rods for kings. I picked up some of the 10ft eagle claws for now but they pretty thick and I know have limited durability. Wondered what guys are using for slide rods out of the current selection we have in the market. Was debating the blue diamond 9 6 med or 10ft medhvy? They tend to run on the softer side but still have the power in my experience with the other models I own. Looking for some thoughts. Appreciate your input!

Edited by Mayb4
Grammar

4 hours ago, Mayb4 said:

Hey guys, looking for new slide diver rods for kings. I picked up some of the 10ft eagle claws for now but they pretty thick and I know have limited durability. Wondered what guys are using for slide rods out of the current selection we have in the market. Was debating the blue diamond 9 6 med or 10ft medhvy? They tend to run on the softer side but still have the power in my experience with the other models I own. Looking for some thoughts. Appreciate your input!

For sure pick a diver rod. Okuma Blue diamond or Okuma White Diamond are both solid picks

Have blue diamonds for downrigger and mono slide divers.  Talora for wire divers.  Used blue diamonds before switching to the talora based on a recommendation.  Wish I had done it sooner... more money, but better product you won’t waste upgrade money on.

I’m with Sherman.

Diawa Wilderness 8’ mediums for short leadcore (3, 5, 7)

8’6” medium heavy for Dipsies.

9’6” medium heavy for 10 color.

Cheap and haven’t had a problem in 3 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1