Small Town USA

Landshark

The other night after leaving a buddies place i somehow didnt secure my tailgate. :o After getting a mile up the rd to my place at about 10 at night i noticed my 6 gallon bucket with all my tip ups in it had fallen out. I traced my way back and couldnt find it. I checked again in the morning. Nothing ;( I chalked it up as a loss until my phone rang the next night. Luckily I had wrote my name , addy and phone number on all my tip ups. Someone called and asked if I lost something :yes: I should be getting it this morning.

My point is call me a redneck, or what you must. I wouldnt trade living and growing up in a small town for anything.

They say its " the road you leave behind" meaning the best way to re-pay someone for acts like that is to to do them for someone else. :clap: I just figured I'd share with you a feel good story

Yep,small towns are nice,especially before they get yuppified.Once a Starbucks moves in,you're pretty much screwed.

The following, is a true story

My sister and brother in law,who are retired,love taking weekend trips to Maine,for the ocean scenery,and to do some antiquing.A few years ago,in the fall,they headed up that way,and had planned on buying a few things for their home.

For whatever crazy reason,my sister had $3,000.00 dollars in cash in her pocket book/purse.Anyway they stopped at the rest area just over the Maine line to take a break,and get a bite to eat.They finished up,and continued on their way to their destination of wells,another forty five minutes north .

They unloaded all their stuff like luggage etc into their hotel room,and that's when she noticed that her bag was missing.The bag that had three thousand dollars in it.She was sick to her stomach,and my brother in law was going crazy.

They called the rest area,but no one reported finding it.They then drove back to the area,and checked all around the inside,ladies room,and the picnic area where they ate,all with no luck.

They were so upset,how would they ever replace it,and of course it was going to ruin the weekend for sure.They drove back to the hotel,and were going to load the car back up,and just return home.

As they entered the room,a person from the front desk called and told them to call home.They called home and their friend,who was watching the house said that a guy from New Hampshire called and said that he found a purse at some rest area.

Needless to say,they immediately called the guy,and made arrangements to meet him.This guy gave my sister back the purse with all the money in it.His reason was that he would want someone to do the same for him,and that in the town where he lives,people watch out for one another.

She gave him three hundred dollars,but he wouldn't take it.finally,after a lot of pleases he accepted the money.

They have now become friends of a sort,and each year she gets a Christmas card from him,always with a short note in it,and she returns the kindness,the same way.

This shows some of the spirit and kindness of people that are from small towns,and more rural areas.