Fishing once the sun is up

When I fish I’m on the water before the sun is up. And we do really well until about 8-8:30 then it turns off! I’m Not sure what I’m doing wrong or not doing right. Or making the right changes to stay on the fish. Any tips would Be very welcome!

Thanks so much

Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you’re talking about this time of year specifically, try sliding out a little deeper around this time. Usually by 8:30 the sun is up, and fish in 10 FOW have been getting buzzed by boats for 2 hrs. Slide out deeper, get your baits down, and leader-down if the fish are shy.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

If you’re talking about this time of year specifically, try sliding out a little deeper around this time. Usually by 8:30 the sun is up, and fish in 10 FOW have been getting buzzed by boats for 2 hrs. Slide out deeper, get your baits down, and leader-down if the fish are shy.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks! I’m setting up in 30-40 fow right of the bat catching salmon. Tomorrow I’ll try heading deeper thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

About 8:00 AM the sun rises high enough to drive the near shore fish deeper. At 50 foot  they will be hiding from the sun's rays especially on a "bluebird sky" day.  They will return to shore areas as nightfall returns.Overcast skies help.