Scotty KOTL

Wow I figured a little update is in order....So to quell any rumours before they start (the little birdies from what i hear are begining to take flight).

As of right now most of the information is available online at http://www.thekingofthelake.com. For slip information you may contact me by email or phone both are listed below. Both Sunset bay and Wilson Boatyard will be available and open for dockage to those participating in the KOTL tournament. To keep things simple all dock reservations for both marinas will come through the previously mentioned email and number listed below. So far there are over 55 teams commited to docks, with well over 100 avail.

For those of you that stayed with us previously The Second annual Wilson Harbor Salmon Slam will take place as well on Sat the 9th. It will offer much of the same as last season free eats, Cash , raffles, and plenty of fun. As we get closer we will finalize payouts and be happy to let you know when and where the festivities will get underway.

As for the tournament series a special thanks is in order for not only those working so hard on the event itself but all of our sponsors that will help make this happen. Please check back often for further developments as they happen.

716-863-1001

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

the "kotl" sounds and looks like it is shaping up nicely. once the rest of the gang gets back from their winter stay in florida our team will be making arrangements in the very near future.

I must say that although we haven't participated in the niagara pro-am for a number of years i am somewhat dissapointed that the guys in wilson decided to hold their salmon slam during the scotty event. i heard that it was a wonderful event and many are looking forward to it again this year. my reason for this concern is that the event added a new flair and added excitement to an already stale over regulated tournament. it also was a very nice way to thank the entrants who choose wilson as their home for the pro-am, it also showed tremendous hospotality as all the pro-am participants were invited to the evening festivities. well rather than getting called a nameless dolt again i won't step on anyones toes and i will happly enjoy the function while fishing the scotty and will stop here as i am sure the guys in wilson are holding it during the scotty for all the right reasons. Dave... the nameless dolt

Dave,

Thank you for your concerns and input regarding our event as it seems your heart is in the right place concerning the events here on Lake O. Since our Salmon Slam event began as a Hospitality event and continues to be we feel we have a greater audience while entertaining those fishing KOTL. Also by holding the event during KOTL we can only hope to avoid the controvercy and acusations we faced last season with regards to the Wilson Harbor Salmon Slam. We cordially invite all that dock with us and those who are looking for a truley unique experience to give the series a try. Stay tuned for additional info

Kevin