The project was moving along as of the 15th of March.  I'll update this weekend.  It's not going to have much capacity, but I suppose some may want to save $9.  I'll take a well run private launch with bathrooms, slips, store, garbage/dumpster, and security.  

KIMG0484.JPG

The project was moving along as of the 15th of March.  I'll update this weekend.  It's not going to have much capacity, but I suppose some may want to save $9.  I'll take a well run private launch with bathrooms, slips, store, garbage/dumpster, and security.  
KIMG0484.thumb.JPG.ad5bc9f5c04e6dfc63b4bfe21226596f.JPG

Good coffee at store also a plus

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 months later...

Launch is nearly done by the looks.  I'll take a pic if I think of it.  Keep in mind if you use that launch it has limited parking and if it's full there is no where to turn around without using the launch circle.  It's not protected whatsoever and there will be a wicked cross wind on windy days.  Not too mention the causeway draws an unsavory crowd to mess with your truck.  No bathrooms and I'm sure the porta John will be clean and the trash cans will be emptied.   

Wow, when i drove by it a few weeks ago it looked like nothing had changed since May.  I’m sure it will be a big hangout/ party spot like the causeway.  I like Ryfuns launch too, especially after the one up the lake was bent one day and swallowed my trailer guide-on and was a huge issue getting my trailer out of it.  I see they fixed it now after what it did to my trailer but that sucked

I try to fish Otisco 2 or 3 times a year for Tigers.  Its a 2 hour drive for me. I've always used the marina's launch and payed.  I didnt think there were any other launches for the lake except maybe some private ones.  Sounds like the public launch maybe a little risky.  I might as well keep paying.  Thanks for all the info.

7 hours ago, justtracytrolling said:

Campground is the best run launch/marina on the lake no question.  Fishing is pretty solid....1 good one from this morning....in fact very good!!!!

28131.jpeg

That's the first tiger I've caught on copper.  The fish came up over 40 feet from the bottom to hit a spoon and immediately went back down.   The young guy in the pic did a great job getting the fish back up to the surface and the fish didn't seem like it knew it was hooked till it was in the net.  Fish was so fresh it literally destroyed my net.   The blood run walleye copper was very productive today and has been my hottest setup so far trolling.  Definitely the best fish of the year here that I know of or have heard about.  Seems like the only fish below the thermocline are tigers which isn't uncommon.

Target those deep fish at the depth of the bait or less.  It's easier to get bit down 12-18 over 60 fow with them on the bottom than down 5 feet over their them.  95% of the big off shore tigers I get are hooked above the thermocline.  Unless you have a 9 rod spread I wouldn't have a single bait below the thermocline.  I know I've said this before but you can't mark  the active walleye. Most people fish too deep and fall in love with the inactive marks.   I'm sure everyone has seen fish literally feeding on the surface in the day over deep water.  

One of the lakes where I fish Muskies is a little smaller and shallower than Otisco.  The lake has oxygen depletion after about 15' and the fish there are not on bottom, I'm catching them running lures around 10 to 13 ft down. They are suspended on my graph near the bait fish schools. The Tigers have the advantage of surprise on bait , by attacking from the depth's. Everwhere you fish is a little different,  Great info guys.

We have deoxygenated water below the thermocline also here right now.  That's why the bait is up high out of temp.  For some reason the tigers can handle the lower levels of oxygen better than every other species.  I do catch a few walleye, browns, and smallmouth just below the thermocline but any big dense mark deeper than that is a tiger.  I've put baits down there 12 hours a day for a week straight for 1 bite down there and every single fish I've caught that deep ends up a tiger.  You can tell very obviously that the fish go straight to the bottom after they hit up high because the board goes vertical then under.  They stay on the bottom as you bring em in long enough that I see them on the imaging straight under the boat.  Either way the most active fish here you can't mark with a rear mounted transducer.  As the won't let you get over em when they are up that high and the cone isn't big enough.

I run rigger leads 100 in daylight for walleye.  15-35 at night, and 8-10 feet for tigers.  I run my boards as far out as the will track for the conditions.  With long rigger setbacks you have to know what your doing or your board rods will get in them.  The closer the bait is to the boat the deeper it has to be to catch.  Outside boards can be firing down 12-14 and riggers riggers might have to be 23-24 to catch.  The boat definitely moves the fish.  Hook your graph to your tm transducer or mount one on your tm and compare where you mark the fish up front versus a stern transducer and you see exactly the effect.  Twice in the last 10 days I've fired all nine rods at least once fishing 5 different setups.