Owasco Owasco shake down

Intended to troll for eyes today but the mud and debris had me making a plan b earlier than expected...ran up the lake found clear water, a few boats and decided to run the cores and copper's.  Adjusted from the summer program and ran skinny, .....as I thought if I was doing the right thing a board goes back and a silver started leaping.......found a program that worked, 2.5 speed, sticks and spoons, no deeper than 40 ft, short cores and copper.....we ended with 5 browns, 2 good bows and a nice eye......decided to go play with perch,  tough bite but a few committed and my youngest son was all smiles. Good day on the water.

20200502_144904.jpg

20200502_144944.jpg

20200502_194836.jpg

• Like 4

Intended to troll for eyes today but the mud and debris had me making a plan b earlier than expected...ran up the lake found clear water, a few boats and decided to run the cores and copper's.  Adjusted from the summer program and ran skinny, .....as I thought if I was doing the right thing a board goes back and a silver started leaping.......found a program that worked, 2.5 speed, sticks and spoons, no deeper than 40 ft, short cores and copper.....we ended with 5 browns, 2 good bows and a nice eye......decided to go play with perch,  tough bite but a few committed and my youngest son was all smiles. Good day on the water.
20200502_144904.thumb.jpg.ef12476aef96dc3b9c4848b98d5d18aa.jpg
20200502_144944.thumb.jpg.697c97b4a3a1847bfcc2ece5a89a31ab.jpg
20200502_194836.thumb.jpg.820f72c741aab15d740e53ab9bbbf444.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

Nice work bud!  Beautiful fish!!!  Don't wait till the bait is thick and weeds are a factor and get those boys up here on some eyes!  The keitechs absolutely were worth there weight in gold last night!  Clear, flat, bright used to be a problem...now every fish we hook has 2-3 eyes trying to take the jig away while we fight the fish!  Last night I had the time of my life watching a 9 year old stick 9!!!!!  First 9 eyes he ever caught himself.  Never seen anything like it without serious knowledge and skills.  The Keitech swing impact series is the hottest bait going...makes night walleye casting as easy as bass in farm pond.... assuming you can find feeding eyes of course!

• Like 1

Yeah Justin I agree on those, you showed me......these eyes here still spawning, a few hitting but most laying on the points or in the canals still. You had a heck of a night, NW looking good tonight, might hit the cause.....got a bunch of conference calls tomorrow so my all nighter approach is limited......plus if we get rain, I’m running to the arrowhead fields before the competition.......spring is a busy time....we will fish very soon together bud, I promise.

Reel Doc, thanks for the kind words, you reach out anytime. Lot of guys do good out there but might not post results, always happy to help.....really found great success when I learned the copper and core programs.....they make a huge difference in my success on silvers......as far as my luck this weekend, I just made a lucky guess on core length the first time and it worked...........I usually have to adjust multiple times to find were they are........most important as I always say, when you find them, reduce spread so you can maneuver and circle over that same hot area multiple times.....that turn and burn method works good for me.......too many times we troll over them, get one, and keep trolling further away with no results.....don’t leave silvers to find them.

• Thanks 1

Reel doc,

Don't let Kevin pull your leg... nothing lucky about his fishing!!!  

Kevin, 

I spoke with the farmers just south of the lake this morning and got permission for arrowhead picking for you and Randy.  They are customers of mine and love walleye.  Text me tonight if you are coming, but probably do much better in the other spot as far north as you can fish.  I'm just doing catch and release myself and patterning so I'm putting in serious time, but you can limit in under an hour and be home before midnight.  My bread butter spot where your boys caught last year is just starting as well, but I have been leaving them alone till guiding resumes.  Beached there 2 nights ago to take a break in 14 hour marathon and bout had a heart attack walking around scouting the water when I stepped on a sleeping goose.  

It is a very nice lake indeed. Once you know it well it is also very predictable. lol, I sometimes call it Lake Wegmans, because that is just how predictable it is