Left I Bay went west again. Had a slow start left my thermos of coffee in the truck then got goose **** all over the boat . First fish of the day came off a yellow bird and bay rat. It was smoking drag out and jumping big king. Handed the rod to Maisey but she was having a hard time and gave it back . After I started gaining line I gave it back to her and shortly after it broke off🙁 Was a little down at this point. Then a big thanks to captain Larry who called me and said black and white was hot . After we put some out game on one double on 20 down rigger and 40 out on the wire . Those two got all the hits. Here’s a pic of Maisey’s first king 😁

0A16AC19-4D46-4D73-A29C-A503D1D5B79A.jpeg

• Like 11

Left I Bay went west again. Had a slow start left my thermos of coffee in the truck then got goose **** all over the boat . First fish of the day came off a yellow bird and bay rat. It was smoking drag out and jumping big king. Handed the rod to Maisey but she was having a hard time and gave it back . After I started gaining line I gave it back to her and shortly after it broke off[emoji853] Was a little down at this point. Then a big thanks to captain Larry who called me and said black and white was hot . After we put some out game on one double on 20 down rigger and 40 out on the wire . Those two got all the hits. Here’s a pic of Maisey’s first king [emoji16]
0A16AC19-4D46-4D73-A29C-A503D1D5B79A.thumb.jpeg.f6326fe34e23b6fd38371ae59a83d84b.jpeg

Congratulations!! How many FOW? Were you at the mud line? Did you find a temp break? Thx in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Awesome. Great feeling catching your first king. Especially when its with your dad. I still remember my first king 25years ago. That memory with my grandfather will last my lifetime.  
great job. 

Since social distancing, my two daughters have become my boat mates the last four outings. I started them on lake trout then stepped them up to kings. They have managed to land every king until today where they lost a handful of bigs on long lines and paddles. They still have managed to box out every outing. They may be hooked which doesn’t bode well for my fishing buddies normal rotation lol. The one thing that helped today was I borrowed a fighting belt for them. They said it really helped. If there is a silver lining with this epidemic is that some dads have discovered their daughters like to fish. 

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 2