Olcott 5/3 2020 shakedown

Dang. Have I missed ladyO !! Epic day. Flat calm, perfect warm weather, and the king's were hungry.... How many times a year does that all happen !!? Dipsy bite was on fire. Stinger spoons and bayrats cleaned up. West of port in 55-65 most fish were 35-45 down. Solid way to start the season. These fish were healthy and full of energy. 20+ fish day with some serious screamers. Just felt great to back after em !IMG_20200503_174409_307.jpeg0503201329c.jpeg0503200936.jpeg

• Like 9

Nice work out there.  Very heathy lookin fish. I keep sayin Im not comin up this weekend and gonna do some yardwork.  Lol.  Then u guys post pics like this and come Saturday morning I’m on the road.  
keep the pics coming!!

• Like 1

We were East off the plant, enjoying the whole area to ourselves until we pulled lines at 12. I am pretty sure 90% of the three year old kings are in Niagara County waters right now. 

Spring kings been on fire out of Olcott. On Saturday I cruised solo almost to Wilson and zig zagged east with the wind towards the launch between 50 and 90 FOW, 6 for 9, two lost fish came on double hookups. Shallow diver green and green glow Bayrats way back or off boards killing it for sure. 20200502_141754.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

That's some great fish catchin' there.  Had a bad day yesterday out of Olcott.  Felt like I threw the kitchen sink at them.  You guys have encouraged me to run farther east of west and explore a bit.  Anybody willing to share the speed they found best?

Tight Lines

Edited by RWR1775

This time of year I run slow on downspeed   Between 2 mph with stinger stingrays, up to 2 1/8 for dreamweaver mags. Flashers work at both speeds. Flashers on long junk lines after 9 am, and spoons on everything else. 

That's some great fish catchin' there.  Had a bad day yesterday out of Olcott.  Felt like I threw the kitchen sink at them.  You guys have encouraged me to run farther east of west and explore a bit.  Anybody willing to share the speed they found best?

Tight Lines
They only wanted an east troll

We were East off the plant, enjoying the whole area to ourselves until we pulled lines at 12. I am pretty sure 90% of the three year old kings are in Niagara County waters right now. 
I saw you launch, I was right behind you. When I had a second to come say hello, you were heading out.