Older digi troll 2 question

Have old digi troll 2s broke a cable last season probe and ball on  the bottom. But now my counter is off almost 6 ft lower then counter. Was in 28 ft this weekend had set for 20 ft and was dragging bottom. But hit auto up and it stops at waterline. 

Used to have a couple Digitroll 2’s.  Couple questions- what does the key pad read at water line and all the way up in storage position?  I used to have reset zero after repairing cable.  Also how much cable is on your spool?  The keypad program is based on a full spool of 200 feet.  If someone spooled additional cable on top of existing cable that could cause the keypad to be off.  Being off 6 feet in 20 or 30 feet is a lot.  Was it working OK before you lost probe?  I never had accuracy problems with keypads- readouts went blank or keypad quit responding.  

Brand new cable last year. I had the retriever screw loosen and cable went between and cut it like a knife. When i turn them on i put in water turn off and on to set o for autostop. It worked perfectly before.

I believe there are 4 magnets in the spool that the control board counts as the spool rotates.  Maybe you lost a magnet on the spool or it is not being sensed?  It would give an error almost exactly what you are seeing in your original post.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by kayaker919

If you have 000 at waterline, it should be accurate.  Any chance parts of display are out so numbers don’t show right?  If it showed correct depth after cable was replaced then amount of cable on spool wouldn’t be an issue.  The keypad on those were the biggest problem.  They were a sealed assembly and haven’t been available for years.  Used to be able to convert them to Mag 10a by removing keypad and changing some parts.  Don’t know if that stuff is still available.

Im not sure how much cable is missing was free clutching then boom. So missing anywhere from 5 to 50 ft. So might be just thinking there is 200 ft there and only have 150 or so. When i set waterline i just turn on and off counter is at o

I always used the keypad to lower and raise weight.  What does the keypad do when you “free clutch”?   Without a mechanical counter I don’t know that the keypad would be correct.  You might go to a known depth on a calm day and drop a weight to double check accuracy of readout.