Cayuga When will perch fishing Cayuga slow down

This is my first year perch fishing on Cayuga Lake. I've been fishing the buoys outside of Union Springs in the center of the lake (like 60 other boats) once a week for the last few weeks.  It's a 2 hr drive from home to Union Springs. I also fished Owasco a few times. Can anyone tell me when the fishing will slow  down? Thank you.

well, if there are 60 boats fishing that small area on a day to day basis, you won't have long to wait for the fishing to "slow down"... Perch are just  as vulnerable to over harvest as any other species,,,,,, bob

Yesterdays results - there were only 6 boats at the buoys off Union Springs. There were no boats at the buoys north of the 6 boats. Lots of small perch. Caught 19 keepers in 7 hours of fishing. Definitely slowing down. Thanks for the replies.

They  spread out as the water warms.. I catch perch all summer.. Some nice ones too,... Not  huge numbers like in the spring, but they are around, and   typically, there are other  fat panfish mixed in as well...

Big Bluegills, Pumpkinseeds,  Rock bass are all good eating as well, and when that stuff is  avaulable, there are always some perch mixed with them... The south end of the lake has some good panfishing in late spring/early summer, but that fishery develops long after the north end f perch ishing... bob

• Like 1