Trolled west out of the mouth at 6am but six running spoon and 4” rapala. Caught 2 browns in the i line planer with blk and gold rapala and lost one more big fish on the same set up. Then boated my biggest brown to date! 13-4! He came on a dipsy down 12 feet with a silver uv stinger. After 7am didn’t move a rod. Tried everything, bumped out farther then back in changed the presentation and quit around 9. But a great (but chilly) morning on the water for sure! IMG_7433.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 17

That’s awesome! Bet he gave you a battle once he got close to the boat.
Big browns are warriors for sure.

You owe the person who took the pic dinner. Fantastic picture.

That’s my old man! We were pretty excited when it came on bored.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 11:55 AM, Benfolkhero said:

Trolled west out of the mouth at 6am but six running spoon and 4” rapala. Caught 2 browns in the i line planer with blk and gold rapala and lost one more big fish on the same set up. Then boated my biggest brown to date! 13-4! He came on a dipsy down 12 feet with a silver uv stinger. After 7am didn’t move a rod. Tried everything, bumped out farther then back in changed the presentation and quit around 9. But a great (but chilly) morning on the water for sure! IMG_7433.JPG

Great fish! Kudos to you for letting him go to fight another day

Edited by MikeyP

That's what I want to do more of Catch and release whenever possible, Nice Slob Brown. CPR= catch-photograph-release!!!

I like that!! CPR

That fish could fatten up to win a derby this year. Can’t do that if in a cooler. Thanks for releasing. 

I wish dec had a tagging program! I release 99% of my fish and I think it would be cool to tag them or something. Plus it would ad more purpose to the fishing!

Trolled west out of the mouth at 6am but six running spoon and 4” rapala. Caught 2 browns in the i line planer with blk and gold rapala and lost one more big fish on the same set up. Then boated my biggest brown to date! 13-4! He came on a dipsy down 12 feet with a silver uv stinger. After 7am didn’t move a rod. Tried everything, bumped out farther then back in changed the presentation and quit around 9. But a great (but chilly) morning on the water for sure! IMG_7433.thumb.JPG.08b23c5ab34e7fa6a3ea1bfee43c1c8f.JPG

Beauty Brown.