Okuma Coldwater Drags

Past 2 seasons drags on these reels have been very sticky.  They either creep when you tighten them down or when loose they are still too tight.  Has anyone experienced this issue and has a drag washer replacement fixed the problem enough that you were finally happy with their performance?

If no fix, I'm ready to throw in the towel on these reels.  

Thanks

I find the best and only way to properly "set" my okumas, Coldwater or convector, is to reel against the drag to "free" it up. So when letting out, sometimes loosening the drag doesn't work as it should, so when I reel against the drag or just reel in line, it frees the drag and everything seems to be perfect. Hope that makes sense

• Like 1

I have 8 of the Coldwater 453 series. They acted just as NymphO described. Got frustrated after 2 or 3 years of use. Called Okuma USA and complained. Even though they were out of warranty they gave me a authorization number to send to Tuna's for warranty repair. Talked to the guy there and he explained that even the latest Coldwaters continue to have this problem. I sent them out, about $25 for shipping. They put in the new drag washers and they are very good now. All the sticking and creeping is completely gone. I have since changed the drags in my spring brown Okuma reels and they are much better.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app