Boat trailer

If they are wearing even it's not an alignment problem. I had problems on mine and I asked all over no one seemed to know how to help it then. I went to my local tire shop with it to get new tires and I asked them. They set me up with much heavier rated tires.. fixed my problem I have run these for 3 years. With no problems .

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not sure where you are located but I am near oak orchard , and just up the road we have the best tire shop around. There prices are great and they will help you get the right tire for the load. They solved my problem. It called transit tire http://www.transittiresales.com

If your close it's worth it. Just tell them what your weight is and make sure you include all the gear. ..they will hook you up with the right tire and you will never have any more problems as long and you keep the air pressure correct.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

15 hours ago, Jakob5pennies said:

thanks there are both cupping, never heard of heaver tires both need changing so i will go heaver thanks 

make sure and have your new tires balanced. an unbalanced tire will bounce causing it to have cups in the tire. i'm not saying its your problem but it sure as heck could be.

X2 on Transit tire   . 

Been going there for almost 40 years I think 

If you need tires ,go see Curtis . 

My first wood boat blew tires . My neighbor , a service station owner put some 12"  knobby car snow tires on It . Never did it again and trailered better . 

Edited by HB2

I went with heavier tires and the price was really good , went from a imported kenda 6 ply to a Cooper 8 ply and they were 75.00 each, i wasnt having any trouble with old tires but they were weather checking on the sidewall 

i've had tires cup on trailer tires as well as auto tires over the yrs. each time i had them replaced i made sure they were balanced. it cured the problem each time. so many people dont think they need balanced. so it doesnt get done. and by the time its noticed its usually to late. i check my hubs every time i stop to see if they are running hot. while i'm there i also check the tires for heat and look for any problems with the tire.

3 hours ago, Fishmaster 196 said:

I have a tandem axle trailmaster trailer under my fishmaster 196. The trailer is definitely not overloaded but two of the tires on one side of the trailer get more wear on the outside edges than the other side. Anyone have any idea why?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Could be under inflated. Possibly weak sidewalls if they are old tires. Also check that the undercarriage is true, like I described above.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks there are both cupping, never heard of heaver tires both need changing so i will go heaver thanks 

Cupping happens from swaying. I ate up a pair of bias ply in the matter of 3000 miles on my landscape trailer.

I did 3 things to try and remedy the problem. Im not sure if all of them were a fix our just one. I went up to a higher ply weight rating, from bias ply to radials, and added an anti sway. You can try all but the anti sway on the boat trailer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I was eating tires on my trailer. Tool it to have it aligned and found that my rear axel was bent and trailer needed aligned. Fixed my problem and only cost me 136.00$. Haven’t blown a tire since. Was scrubbing them off in 1000 miles before. Cupped so bad they would blow out.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United