Learning from my mishaps

I hope this never happens to anyone but if it does I hope my post can help you.

Fighting a fish yesterday off Braddocks. Tell my coworker (who also owns a boat) to grab the wheel. He goes to get out of drivers seat after I land the northern and some how he ends up shutting the boat off and breaks the key off in the ignition. Needless to say after some time I was able to get it started with a screwdriver. Once back home I was able to get broken key out with a pick tool. I have a spare key and back in business.

Again I hope this never happens to anyone but my boat will always have this pick tool on board from now on.

IMG_4201.JPG

Stay safe!

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

the key on my starcraft was lower left corner of the console always worried about it with my knee. finally pulled it and there was enough wire to move it up the dash about 10". glad you were able to get it going to make it in.

5 hours ago, dickey said:

I hope this never happens to anyone but if it does I hope my post can help you.

Fighting a fish yesterday off Braddocks. Tell my coworker (who also owns a boat) to grab the wheel. He goes to get out of drivers seat after I land the northern and some how he ends up shutting the boat off and breaks the key off in the ignition. Needless to say after some time I was able to get it started with a screwdriver. Once back home I was able to get broken key out with a pick tool. I have a spare key and back in business.

Again I hope this never happens to anyone but my boat will always have this pick tool on board from now on.

IMG_4201.JPG

Stay safe!

Rick

That's  ball busting story that will live forever.  

I had my sister in law's boyfriend out with me on my 18'er a few years back.  With that boat I trolled with my 115.  He spun the driver seat around to sit in it.  it was a little rough out and set of waves pitched the boat.  He leaned into the throttle and went full bore while I was clipping in to a downrigger.  I have no Idea how I stayed on-board and didn't end up in the spread with him heading away.  lol...  I've had him out since.  He won't sit in that seat even now that the my current boat couldn't have that same problem.  

That’s funny **** Fat trout. I did use yesterday’s experience to tell my wife I need a kicker for my 84 bluefin. She said just go buy a new boat. Game on!

2 minutes ago, dickey said:

That’s funny **** Fat trout. I did use yesterday’s experience to tell my wife I need a kicker for my 84 bluefin. She said just go buy a new boat. Game on!

Well played!