I'll start by saying this- I was late for fishing for the first time in my life. In my 35 years, it's never happened, until last weekend. As a result, we weren't fishing until ~7. It was calm and clear, and we lost valuable fishing time due to me... We started on browns in skinny water. We did a half dozen bites by 9 am, mostly with brightly colored bayrats in 12-15 fow between perch pt and chimney bluffs. The browns were bigger- we did one over 10 lbs in fact. Once the sun was up, the bite died for us.

IMG_2042.JPG

I've been itching to try my new "death traps" from gambler rigs on lakers- so we went out to slimer land. We found the lakers in 120-130 and put a pretty good hurtin on them, including several doubles. I'll tell you, I'm impressed. They out-fished my cowbells and have MUCH less drag. They're easy to run, and work well. Two thumbs up! No pics of the lakers, but all released in the cold water.

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rdebadts said:

I'll start by saying this- I was late for fishing for the first time in my life. In my 35 years, it's never happened, until last weekend. As a result, we weren't fishing until ~7. It was calm and clear, and we lost valuable fishing time due to me... We started on browns in skinny water. We did a half dozen bites by 9 am, mostly with brightly colored bayrats in 12-15 fow between perch pt and chimney bluffs. The browns were bigger- we did one over 10 lbs in fact. Once the sun was up, the bite died for us.

I've been itching to try my new "death traps" from gambler rigs on lakers- so we went out to slimer land. We found the lakers in 120-130 and put a pretty good hurtin on them, including several doubles. I'll tell you, I'm impressed. They out-fished my cowbells and have MUCH less drag. They're easy to run, and work well. Two thumbs up! No pics of the lakers, but all released in the cold water.

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

Great report Abe!  The feedback on the Death Traps has been awesome so far!  Hopefully WTP opens back up so I can make more.  Inventory is starting to run low!