Sushi!!!

I love sushi.

Simple freezing isn’t sufficient though. From everything I have read, You have to get the fish down to the temps used in commercial and flash freezers and hold it there for a period of time. Residential freezers don’t get that cold. No way in hell I would try it with freshwater fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When preparing these products, use commercially frozen fish. Alternatively, freeze the fish to an internal temperature of -4°F for at least 7 days to kill any parasites that may be present. Home freezers are usually between 0°F and 10°F and may not be cold enough to kill the parasites. 

My small chest freezer get that cool.

Eat it near every trip for last 3 summers. Immediately clean about 8 inch chunk of thickest fillet, pull pin bones with needle nose pliers, pack it in ice for 2 hours then slice thin and serve with soy sauce and slices of jalapeño pepper, which I always carry on board. All my guest eat it and love it, can't believe how much better it is than store bought! Sooo, have eaten much in 3 seasons, and not a single person got sick or didn't like it!

I eat them Rob. I keep only the legal skippy salmon that aren't gonna make it, i have done steelhead as well. I use Inglehoffer Wasabi. This comes in a sqeeze bottle and is not super hot, very tasty. I also have a small squeeze tube of some very hot wasabi paste for those who want it hotter. (not me) My customers who have tried it love it and ask for it on their return trip. You can use some soy sauce as well. I keep both Wasabi and Soy on my boat and at my dock. Don't be scared! Remember you can't die healthy  L.O.L.

• Like 1

Blue fish cheeks are the best. Grilled or raw. Fresh cilantro and lime. After reading this thread might have to give in. Once lol.

Had a client want the "cheek" meat on a salmon much like the walleye one day.  He ate those quarter size pieces right down raw at the fillet table.... I have never seen that done ever much less ever cut the cheek out for someone before.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

60899748044__251F3702-8C65-4F45-B81D-75F7A2CACF30.JPG.

Could you imagine how much this piece of salmon could sell for RE-labeled “Sushi” instead of "Family pack full side"

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

60899748044__251F3702-8C65-4F45-B81D-75F7A2CACF30.thumb.JPG.9e8c43c14295a5d8bd02b582b07da16d.JPG.

Could you imagine how much this piece of salmon could sell for RE-labeled “Sushi” instead of "Family pack full side"

Jerry
RUNNIN REBEL

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

We could only hope Jerry. You might have to start fishing more. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app