Fishing again Friday May 15 th ..........

61091301718__D12196C0-76DB-4B2B-8E55-72D92AAED339.JPG

What is the meaning of "Fishing" in Phase 1 reopening ?????

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL
  • Like 1

as of now though,only regions that are going to open to phase one is southern tier,finger lakes,and the mohawk valley.central new York and the north country did not meet the criteria to reopen.they are close and if they meet the criteria by Friday he will let them open,but if they don't,those two regions wont open till june6.

Edited by finsntins

just read a list of specific businesses that the state is allowing to open if their region is allowed to open and charter fishing is nowhere to be found now!!!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would think you could justify "professional services" in phase 2 to include charters... I know that "professional services" includes barbershops and salons. If you can go get your haircut, I would say you should be able to go out on a charter. There's no way to list every single professional service individually, but anything a barbershop can do as far as sanitizing/cleaning/social distancing a charter could do just as well if not better.

• Like 1

The  fishing stated in the ""new normal""   we are  dealing with means commercial fishing, mostly restricted to the ocean and salt water tidal estuaries... I doubt it includes charters and guides yet, but that might be coming soon... Maybe....

We either let the economy deteriorate  until we are in a monstrous depression, or we  resume normalcy and take precautions... The vaccine   thats being touted will not be a panacea,,,, Coronaviruses have  been known for many decades and vaccines have not been well developed for them as yet... Many common colds are coronavirus strains, and we haven't figured them out thus far... bob

43 minutes ago, jimski2 said:

Even on a sport fishing boat, the 6 foot separation can be enforced. Common home residents are another case.

agreed... plus its outdoors, not an enclosed space... these guys need to open their businesses up or they won't have a business

• Like 1

Our RV Park opened now with self contained bath and shower facilities. No visitors, no camp fires, no congregating sites opened, only maintenance work, no tents, no public bathrooms and operating permits revoked for separation violations.

Edited by jimski2