2-21 Sodus Report - Fantastic!

Finders Keepers

All I can say for today is... WOW!!! Fantastic weather, fantastic fishing, what more could you ask for? 8) Started the day a little later than I had planned due to the check-in for the tourny, which turned out not to really be a check in of any kind. Anyway, got on the ice at 6:40 and hiked to "the spot" by around 7:20 or so. I started by targeting the perch and before I could set the second line, the first one went off and yielded a decent 12" keeper. I then proceeded to engage in a slow pick at 'em through 9am, but I hadn't gotten any lunkers, and the two pike lines I set hadn't moved. Finally, at 9:30 one of the pike rigs went off and after a sort fight, I iced a HUGE 14" perch! :clap: That slob had sucked down a rather large shiner! Now I had a derby fish!! 8) Soon thereafter the pike lines started firing and by noon I had iced 5 pike (3, 6, 8, 9.5, 10.1 lbs) and a 2 to 3 lb bass. Here is a pic of the first 4 pike in my livewell before I let the smaller ones go:

2-21-09PikeInLivewell.jpg

I also picked up another monster perch, but not quite as big as the first. At this point I was down to 5 shiners left, all half beaten or dead. :$ So I put them down anyway to see if I could get one to go. I had quite a few false releases, probably from perch pecking at them! So I didn't do too much more after noon. I called it quits at 2pm so that I could make sure I made weigh-in. The pike tipped the scales to 10.1 lbs and currently holds first place. The largest perch tipped the scales to 1.8 lbs and also holds first place. :o:clap: The other perch weighed in at 1.3 lbs. There was only one other pike entered (6.3 lbs) and two perch (1.6 and 1.3 lbs). I'm not counting on any winnings yet, as tomorrow is still another whole day, but I'm feeling pretty good! 8) I'm hoping to hit the ice a little earlier tomorrow and will be targeting the northerns right from the get-go! Let's see if I can find that 16+ lb northern.... :P