Grandsons turkey lesson

We did an online lesson on wild turkeys with our grandsons yesterday. We taught them about body parts, fun loving differences, aging toms, digestive systems, range etc. I also set up my decoys and went outside and show them how I use different calls. The 6 year old really enjoyed it but the 4 year old lost interest when he found out the decoys weren’t real.

I got out a bag of beards I have saved from all my years of hunting and was amazed when I laid them out. Turns out I have 88 beards from very small fall beards, a bunch of jakes and many 7-10”. I also have 2 double beards, 2 hen beards, and one that had 5 beards which I breast and tail mounted. Some were killed by my wife and a couple by my son.IMG_1078.JPG

Kevin's a wealth of knowledge. First line in the water, last line out type of guy. If you can run three rods, he runs three. That usually means 9 trolling out of his Alaskan to figure out what they want today!

He doesn't catch fish or shoot turkey or deer by accident. He puts the time in and pays attention to details.

Heck, he even adopts an occasional struggling fisherman...big mistake

Kevin's a wealth of knowledge. First line in the water, last line out type of guy. If you can run three rods, he runs three. That usually means 9 trolling out of his Alaskan to figure out what they want today!

He doesn't catch fish or shoot turkey or deer by accident. He puts the time in and pays attention to details.

Heck, he even adopts an occasional struggling fisherman...big mistake

Kind words from a great sportsman.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app