Owasco 5/15

Started trolling on the face of Burtis pt around 7 am, 44 degree, 2 degrees warmer than yesterday. Picked up  a beauty 6lb rainbow right off the bat on a jointed Rapala and lost another fish there. Landed a walleye on a Rapala glass shad rap not long after. Started jigging using the south wind to bring me down the buoy line North of Koenig point. Landed some perch, lost a walleye and caught a couple big smallmouth. There are a couple of partially submerged logs in 15 ft of water on the South facing side of Burtis point, please be careful.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jerktroller said:

I know, I can’t remember the last time I caught a wild lake trout or bow in the Finger Lakes...

Fish some of the other Finger Lakes where they are wild rainbows & lakers

Apparently nobody told the walleye!  The finger lakes are not just trout lakes!  In fact, panfish and bass are the most popular fish in the finger lakes and in the country.  Cayuga is an awesome bass fishery and one of the top bass lakes in the country and it has a walleye run that improves every year.  Skaneatles is absolutely a phenomenal smallmouth and perch fishery and the walleye are easier to catch there than Otisco so I'd say they are there to stay and again don't blame me I had nothing to do with the stocking.  Owasco is producing it's own walleye and the state started them so don't blame me.  Otisco is producing it's own walleye and is stocked.  Conesus is stocked with walleye and I'd guess produces its own as well.  Furthermore, I'm not pushing anything!  I have never asked or lobbied NYSDEC for walleye stocking anywhere, but Otisco.  I think I'll just stay right here in the finger lakes and keep catching walleye as they are here to stay as well! 😀

• Like 3

Big guy said I can do anything, SO I throw the walleyes and especially BASS onto shore to fertilize the shore and feed the raccoons. This way there’s no limit to count.

Edited by thork9