Made it out around noon to 4. Lake was just calming before we headed in. Beautiful day. 2/3 with the 12# laker. Kiddo reeled it in until his back started hurting. Also caught a fat 15” brown, and the miss was likely a similar size brown. Laker caught on a black UV with green dots stinger, brown caught on Sodus point buckeye, miss was on a carbon 14. All mags. As others noted, at 40-50’, between the point and the plant, my screen was loaded with fish. They just didn’t like what I offered. Fished at 2.7 gps speed. Laker was caught flatlined outside board 125’. Brown caught on a mini diver on inside board 30’ back from board. Miss was on a rigged down 20. Was a blast. Launch parking lot was packed. Nice to see so many boats out too. I’m sure some of you saw me. I tried to be kind to everyone and not force anyone in or our. 

090417B3-41AA-4D74-BBF9-CCF3C3407BB9.jpeg

Edited by Offshore IV
  • Like 4

Nice work.  

I was out from 5:30am-11:00. Light east wind and lake was like glass all morning till 10ish. 
started in 50Fow in front of catfish headed toward plant. I was exchangin info with another member all morning tryin to get even a knock off. Trolled out to 110Fow and back in to 40.  Hit 1 6# brown at 70fow down 50 NBk. 
marked bait and loads of fish in an area 40fow and trolled east to west, west to east, north to south, sideways to backwards over that spot.  Pretty much put my spoon box with all the spoons on the lines and couldnt get a bump. Very tight lipped fish thia morning.  Talked to 10-12 other boats and all the same. 1-2 maybe 3 fish.  ThereS a sayin I’ve been hearin. “Wind from the east, fish bite the least”. 

(sorry thought your post was from today.  What I posted Is from this morning 5-17)

523451E5-C2F8-4321-82BF-7B52261C5BB0.jpeg

8EBDF2E1-10ED-492E-A28F-32316EA6BE64.jpeg

0243AA04-A0B8-4A87-8A30-40C503AF8AB8.jpeg

Edited by Hachimo
  • Like 2

Nice work.  

I was out from 5:30am-11:00. Light east wind and lake was like glass all morning till 10ish. 
started in 50Fow in front of catfish headed toward plant. I was exchangin info with another member all morning tryin to get even a knock off. Trolled out to 110Fow and back in to 40.  Hit 1 6# brown at 70fow down 50 NBk. 
marked bait and loads of fish in an area 40fow and trolled east to west, west to east, north to south, sideways to backwards over that spot.  Pretty much put my spoon box with all the spoons on the lines and couldnt get a bump. Very tight lipped fish thia morning.  Talked to 10-12 other boats and all the same. 1-2 maybe 3 fish.  ThereS a sayin I’ve been hearin. “Wind from the eastfish bite the least”. 

(sorry thought your post was from today.  What I posted Is from this morning 5-17)

523451E5-C2F8-4321-82BF-7B52261C5BB0.thumb.jpeg.03488a947d3ba2da11ff4571b2005ea9.jpeg
8EBDF2E1-10ED-492E-A28F-32316EA6BE64.thumb.jpeg.a8eb460ce52b13e91a8474f27986d568.jpeg
0243AA04-A0B8-4A87-8A30-40C503AF8AB8.thumb.jpeg.0e5e200f4c542d5e3bf7f1927be29a3b.jpeg
If thats your 6# brown in the picture you can go ahead and upgrade that to a king instead of a brown. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

12 minutes ago, Fat Trout said:

Im jealous of you guys. I managed to get my boat up and open my camp but spent the weekend cleaning up after the mega party in the red squirrels and mice had over the winter at my place emoji2959.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I seen your boat and camp opened up when I was coming in. I was on my way over to see how you are doin And if you been out, but the wife and I got intercepted by your neighbors and that turned into a 30 min conversation, lost track of time and had to get on the road. 

come to think of it. We were all social distancing in a circle around a red squirrel. Kinda looked like the party got the best of him. 

5 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

I seen your boat and camp opened up when I was coming in. I was on my way over to see how you are doin And if you been out, but the wife and I got intercepted by your neighbors and that turned into a 30 min conversation, lost track of time and had to get on the road. 

come to think of it. We were all social distancing in a circle around a red squirrel. Kinda looked like the party got the best of him. 

Yeah those squirrels better be distant from me in the future lol.  Thought I saw your boat pass by while I was on the roof.  Glad to see your reports etc.  and that your getting fish.  At this rate I'll probably finally get tuned in right in time for the June slow down of fishing while the thermocline sets up (haha).  I'll still go anyway.  Current plan is to come up next weekend, possibly Friday.  If you are up I'll try to catch up and say hi.  

Caught a brown and 2 small kings out mexico bay this Sunday, yes it was a great day in the morning on the lake as you all know,,,had a couple first timer family  on the boat today and my nephew lost a nice laker netting it,,I watched him try to net it with the net inside out and broke him off, I laughed for an hour.