Planer boards on Keuka?

Someone was up and down the East arm of Keuka most of the day Saturday running a planer board, dipsey, riggers, you name it.  Running the planer boards on the inside toward shore. Don't see many people running planer boards, we don't have brown trout to speak of, so I was thinking planer boards for bass?  Then this morning, I was jigging off a point in 85 FOW and there was a big splash near shore, very close to a boat lift. I tossed my jig over, and a decent laker nailed it on the sink. So maybe they were running the boards in close for lake trout?

If the skipper of that boat is reading, how did you make out?  Must have been out there 8-10 hours. 

launched at state park and ran down to the bluff set up with 2 riggers with spoons 2 dipseys 1 with spoon and 1 with spin doctor and fly, also set out planer boards just wanted to see if there were any lakers up higher, ran deep divers with 3 oz. snap weights no luck with boards. fished from 7 to 11 and did well on the riggers and dipsey set ups we went 9 for 14 staying in water 110' -120' fishing down 90 ft. nothing big but what a beautiful morning with a fair amount of action

I spent a good amount of time when I attended KC (early 2000's) trolling shallow on the East arm from Penn Yan to the college.  We would catch nice browns, salmon, lakers, big pickerel, and hefty smallies running tx6 planers and stickbaits.  Once caught a respectable salmon from shore on pt Nemo at the college  as well. The fish are around. Never ran into many ppl doing the same.  Focus on small points and creeks coming into the lake.