Canadice/Hemlock

I've never fished either because my boat's too big, but my wife and I recently got a camper and set it up on Conesus.  We'll be taking the kayaks this weekend for something different and would obviously prefer to avoid the crowds, wind and boats on Conesus if we'll be in the yaks.  We're interested in warm water fishing for smallies/rock bass or whatever else might be hot, but can someone give me the rundown on the two lakes, what the fisheries are like at this time of year for smallies, rock bass, crappie or whatever else might be good.  Since my wife will be with me, I'd prefer that it be relatively easy fishing and that she'd get a lot of bites and land a lot of fish (she's decent with a fishing rod, she'll catch them if the fishing's good and I'd expect it to be reasonably good right now).

I've done some searching here and elsewhere, but a lot of the fishing talk is about lakers and such and for this weekend at least, we're more interested in catch and release for warm water species.  I'm leaning towards Canadice because its' smaller and presumably more protected, but if the fishing is considerably better on Hemlock, that would be fine too.  Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

We fish from kayaks on both lakes, Canadice can be a bit more busy on weekends especially using the kayak drop area close to the south end.

Pan fishing both lakes along the shore line is fun tons of sunnies and I do target crappies they are tough to find a bit more searching around log jams and structure close to shore.

If you are strong paddlers go to Hemlock south end and paddle the shore line you can't miss a few bass and pan fish . less congested more room to roam. 

good luck keep an eye on the wind

Thanks Trouthunter24.   Still haven't completely decided, but if the weather's reasonably good (or just not too bad), we'll do one of the lakes this Saturday or Sunday when Conesus should be a circus.   My wife's probably more inclined to just paddle around and enjoy the day outside, although she will likely bring a rod and will likely fish at least some.  We're both reasonably strong paddlers, but getting older all the time.  

Not to jump on someone else’s thread, but...
I trailer my kayak. Its too big and heavy for me to drag much, so I typically use boat launches. Are there any launches, even rough launches, at either of these lakes to accommodate a trailered kayak?

Very much interested in expanding the waters I fish in, but need the ability to at least back the trailer up near the shoreline to launch/load.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I don't mind schlepping mine around too much, but I'll either need to haul/drag mine and then my wife's kayak or would hope to be reasonably close so she could manage her own as well.  I was wondering the same thing about the "facilities".  I'm told that there's no bathrooms, no docks, etc. at any of them, but I'm not sure if there's an actual gravel launch or not and I'm curious too.

there are porta potties at the gravel launches , both have back down gravel launches many boats launch there . 1 north end and south end at Hemlock.

1 back down launch at Canadice East side half way down.

no docks at all and kinda shallow when I had a 16 footer I wore waders on both lakes . I carry my kayak or drag and dump it in anywhere I can muscle that sucker to waters edge ...love it 

• Like 2

there are porta potties at the gravel launches , both have back down gravel launches many boats launch there . 1 north end and south end at Hemlock.
1 back down launch at Canadice East side half way down.

no docks at all and kinda shallow when I had a 16 footer I wore waders on both lakes . I carry my kayak or drag and dump it in anywhere I can muscle that sucker to waters edge ...love it 

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app