Cayuga lamprey

Snuck out for a few hours this morning. Managed a 15 inch LL, and then a hog of a laker. Probably 7 to 8 pounds. As it got closer I noticed a 12 inch lamprey stuck to the side. It's the first time in 3 years of fishing Cayuga that I have caught a fish with a lamprey still attached. Hopefully that's the last lamprey I'll see for a while....

I went to deans today . I haven't been fishing all that much been staying away from weekend fishing and the weather hasn't been all that good during the week. Used 100 ft copper Port, starboard sides downrigger down the center fished 30 / 50 ft North from deans hit a LL and few lakes kept two for the grill . IMG_20200519_131317587_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fisherdude said:
  1. I went to deans today . I haven't been fishing all that much been staying away from weekend fishing and the weather hasn't been all that good during the week. Used 100 ft copper Port, starboard sides downrigger down the center fished 30 / 50 ft North from deans hit a LL and few lakes kept two for the grill . IMG_20200519_131317587_HDR.jpeg

How big was your landlock salmon

Edited by Trouthunter
Removing ad
  • Like 2

I for got to ask . What is going on with the dock at Dean's cove . Been there twice and each time there is a hunk of dock gone . The end rail and now 1 of the post. It was laying on the dock this morning . If I had to guess on the post look like someone for got to untie the boat before taking off . . .

6 hours ago, fisherdude said:

I went to deans today . I haven't been fishing all that much been staying away from weekend fishing and the weather hasn't been all that good during the week. Used 100 ft copper Port, starboard sides downrigger down the center fished 30 / 50 ft North from deans hit a LL and few lakes kept two for the grill . IMG_20200519_131317587_HDR.jpeg

I'm so jealous of weekday fishermen!!   Great job.

I'm with you about the dock at Deans, its taking a beating.  A few weeks ago it was creepy with the water at the top of the dock and no end posts visible.  Wasnt sure I wanted to walk out there.  Sunday morning the middle post on the South side was all smashed.   But, I've watched some power loaders so if they forget to untie and fly up on their trailer they get the dock post as a souvenir! :-(