Mag 10a stopping retrieval

Just bought a boat that has older Mag 10a riggers.  One runs fine the other stops every 10 feet or so like the motor goes out.  Wait a few minutes it pulls up some more. Wire to the battery is good.  Switch is good and the thermal is not tripping.  Do you think the issue is the motor itself.  Running 10# weight. Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks. I have mine apart and being the hi amp power is transferred to the motor via relays on board, I now would suspect board as well. Let me know what the going price of the boards are once you find out . It was looking like they were over $100. If that's the case, I'll just covert mine to switch operated for $10!

3 minutes ago, mathews_hunter said:

I paid 100 bucks to get a bored put in.   Didn’t fix the issue.   My solution was to sell the rigger for basically parts and switched over to 2 new Scotty High speed riggers.  

BACK YEARS AGO WHEN I SERVICED CANNON 80% OF THE TIME IT WAS THE THERMAL BREAKER MADE IN THE MOTOR.   AUTO. STARTER REPAIR SHOP CAN REPAIR THIS.  I HAVE A LOT OF OLD CANNON PARTS. NONE OF THE THERMAL BREAKERS SORRY.

Thanks. I have mine apart and being the hi amp power is transferred to the motor via relays on board, I now would suspect board as well. Let me know what the going price of the boards are once you find out . It was looking like they were over $100. If that's the case, I'll just covert mine to switch operated for $10!

That's good for me because I have a motor to try, maybe motor will fix 

3 minutes ago, gasman2438 said:

BACK YEARS AGO WHEN I SERVICED CANNON 80% OF THE TIME IT WAS THE THERMAL BREAKER MADE IN THE MOTOR.   AUTO. STARTER REPAIR SHOP CAN REPAIR THIS.  I HAVE A LOT OF OLD CANNON PARTS. NONE OF THE THERMAL BREAKERS SORRY.

Thanks for your info. I will try the spare motor my cousin gave me.